“Brilliant Again”

Sushi Garden
Ranked #214 of 1,196 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Vibrant Sushi Garden is an upbeat little restaurant serving a lively combination of traditional Japanese dishes and less well-known modern fusion cooking. Tucked away on Brighton's Preston Street, this cheerful eatery has a friendly authentic approach with staff in kimono robes and Japanese-style service. Tempura, bento boxes and noodle dishes are accompanied by 23 different varieties of California sushi rolls and spicy Korean dishes on an extensive and adventurous menu.
Reviewed February 5, 2014

It's not often that I review a place more than once, however I had such a lovely dinner last night that I thought I would sing Sushi Garden's praises once more! This was a family reunion meal so we pushed the boat out a bit more than normal and were excessively greedy in our ordering and everything was absolutely fab.

My mum and I both ordered the bento box, which is so generous, and every single part of it (including the salad) was absolutely delicious. Dad and the boy had sushi, again with absolutely no complaints- and we had a few extras in the form of gyoza and tempura prawn sushi ('crunch') I can't be emphatic enough in how lovely everything is and the service is always very good.

Good value for money too, with the entire meal coming to under £100 for all 4 of us with 1 drink each and some green tea to finish. This is still definitely my favourite Japanese restaurant in Brighton, and to read some of the more negative reviews on this site makes me sad- don't let them put you off, I'd recommend this place to anyone who wants a slap up feast!

Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Chicken ramen had no chicken in it. When I initially sat down they asked me what I was doing there. Drinks are small. Service charge is added against Japanese custom, and for a table of one?! Stock for Ramen was good, but noodles overdone. Sorry. Won't be back

1  Thank Lazydave123
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Me and my partner have been going to sushi garden for 2 years now and as it was our two year anniversary today we couldn't think of anywhere better to go, food fantastic which it always is and staff brilliant friendly and kept our drinks filled up even some green tea on the house, I believe if you go in somewhere happy and positive you will get it back and we sure did get it back, made it a special evening for both of us! X

Reviewed December 29, 2013

While South England was struggling the weather, we were here. Just a great place when it is outside raining and storming. We enjoyed lovely Japanese food. Their rainbow sushi is marvelous and delicious. Their ramen is very tasteful. One the desserts is quite special, mango-vanilla-coconut ice-cream with meringue and frozen fruit. Yammie. Very friendly staff.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

This restaurant is always busy and its always full of Japanese people - which says everything!

It has a fantastic degustation menu as well as a normal menu, with the most amazing sweet miso eggplant I have every tasted - seriously out of this world!

The ambience is stylish yet comfortable and the service is friendly, accommodating and always polite with a little smile. I was not particularly happy with my seaweed salad and the owner- lady immediately created something much more to my taste (and expectations) without any ado - made me happy and left a positive taste in my mouth - in more ways than one!

There are many restaurants on this road to eat in, but I will always gravitate towards Sushi Garden because it is just really good quality japanese food with a lovely atmosphere...and if you have time for the degustation - it is out of this world!! 7-9 courses of pure heaven....oh yeah!