“Excellent meal and service - highly recommend”
Review of Sushi Garden

Sushi Garden
Ranked #203 of 1,216 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Vibrant Sushi Garden is an upbeat little restaurant serving a lively combination of traditional Japanese dishes and less well-known modern fusion cooking. Tucked away on Brighton's Preston Street, this cheerful eatery has a friendly authentic approach with staff in kimono robes and Japanese-style service. Tempura, bento boxes and noodle dishes are accompanied by 23 different varieties of California sushi rolls and spicy Korean dishes on an extensive and adventurous menu.
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Went with a colleague, neither of us particularly familiar with Japanese etc cuisine. We were very impressed by the food and service. Between us we had a Korean cod dish and a vegetarian bento box. The. Flavours and textures of the food were a delight.
Samurai sake, body temperature - well worth a try.
We found the staff very helpful and attentive, providing good advIce re the cuisine.

Good value too

Will be back as soon!

Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

I love this place and often come on my own for my favourite lunch and shopping. It's always delicious with a vast array on the menu whether you fancy sushi, bento or a mix of everything. Fabulous

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We chanced upon this eaterie our first night of three in Brighton. It's diffcult to separate out which was worse, the service or the food. The faults with the former it would take pages to describe but when eventually some food actually appeared at our table it was pretty dreadful and looking back on it now, one week afterwards, I cannot quite understand what is japanese food and why we endured this hour of hilarity and horror as we did. I also cannot understand why we handed over one single penny to this establishment but hopefully our loss will be TripAdvisor readers' gain. Simply go elsewhere, for as we found out on the subsequent two evenings, good food and good service is widely available elsewhere in the town.

4  Thank jammy p
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Created this account as I always use Tripadvisor when choosing restaurants to visit. so thought it was only fair that I write a review. My parents came over to Brighton to visit me and we decided to try out a Japanese restaurant and my Dad told me that it had some good reviews. I have tried many Japanese restaurants and this is by far the best, I had the tasting menu with consisted of approx. 8 courses, Sashimi, sushi, an octopus salad, a stir-fried beef dish, some california rolls, a mixture of tempura, a seafood soup and a desert. The desert was a slight let-down but after all the other courses, I could not complain. Please check this place out, you will not be dissapointed !!

1  Thank GP25
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Sushi Garden is fabulous - my wife and I both had the 8 course "tasting" menu, at £19.50 a head. It was unbelievable - the freshness of the sashimi and nigiri, the lightness of the tempura, and the wonderful flavours of the udon put this authentic japanese miles ahead of the sushi chain restaurants I generally go to. The quality and authenticity is perhaps reflected in the fact that at least half of the clientele are japanese. Super impressed, can't wait to make the trip back down to Brighton for a return visit!

1  Thank DarrylC