Marine View Hotel Brighton
Legends Hotel(Brighton)
Blanch House(Brighton)
The Lanes Hotel(Brighton)
  • Beachfront
All reviewsroom was cleanmain townlocal attractionsan ironfantastic locationone night staypier
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 10, 2012

My seven year old daughter and I have just stayed here on a mid week break. KGB Deal £99 two nights Bed and Breakfast. This is a fantastic traditional hotel, basic but very homely. The owner could not have been more helpful or genuinely nice. We arrived at 9.00 a.m. in the morning and were shown directly to our room at no extra change a small blessing as we had had a 4.30 a.m. start from the Scottish Borders that morning. Superb customer service throughout. Attentive but not intrusive. Fresh, clean and pleasant room and we could see the pier and fairground lights from our window. Less than two minutes walk to the beach. Highly recommend if you’re travelling with a child by yourself. Will be booking again for cheeky wee break next summer school holidays.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I recently booked a 3 night stay at this hotel. I had a change of plans, and emailed the hotel to cancel my reservation. They told me I would be charged one night for cancelling. I emailed them back, and asked to go ahead and keep my reservation since they were going to charge me one night. Needless to say, they were unwilling to keep my reservation, and simply stated that my reservation had been cancelled and I would be charged one night. I cancelled over a month prior to my reservation date, and have NEVER had a hotel charge me for cancelling that far in advance. They were unwilling to help me, and I would NEVER book a room with them again. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. There are plenty of hotels which do not have such horrible policies when it comes to cancelling a reservation.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Debra M
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Had a two night stay here with some friends from uni. We were 5 girls and booked one large family room. The room was very clean and the owner was very nice. The toilet and shower were also clean which is very key to me. All round our stay was very pleasant not even a minutes walk to the seafront. felt for £40 a night it was very reasonable. my only complaint is the full English breakfast is a bit lacking...no mushrooms or hash browns and we only got tomatoes on the second night. but would recommend a stay here.

Room Tip: don't bother paying the extra money for a sea view as the hotel is perpendicular to the seafront so you cant sea it anyway.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Booked luxurious weekend in a luxury room at the Marine View. Arrived Friday evening left Saturday morning. Absolutely disgusting! Wouldn't let next doors dog stay there! Trading Standards have been informed - you have been warned!!

Room Tip: Not a room at the Marine View - best tip I can give.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank 186220Chris60
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed in the family room for '5 adults' top floor....firstly this isn't a room sized for 5 adults. The room was dirty, small and non functional. When we arrived the light in the bathroom didn't work so we had to arrange this being changed, the bathroom stank of mould and could very quickly be located everywhere in the bathroom. The shower was another story, this 'bathroom' hasn't been properly fitted more like a sink and toilet thrown into an old wardrobe, the shower had zero pressure and went from freezing cold to burning boiling meaning it to be impossible for you to shower. All in all it's never worth the money thats charged which in our case was £440. The owner is really missing a trick, re-invest into your business, re-kit out the bedrooms and install fully functional bathrooms and it will be worth the money all day long due to the location and character of the house. A real disappointment.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends