“Great brunch!”

Ranked #111 of 1,209 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Bill's Brighton restaurant opened in 2005, following the success of Lewes Bill's. Formerly a bus depot, it has a reputation as the place to go for weekend breakfasts, informal business meetings, and after work drinks and dinner.
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Visited Bill's for brunch on Saturday with a group of girlfriends. Had tried to book but i think they only take a certain number, which nearly put us off as there were 6 of us and didn't really want to have to wait. However, the wait was only a few minutes and as usual with Bill's, the food was worth it.
The service wasn't quite up to the usual standard, hence the 4 not 5 - as my brunch was brought incorrectly 3 times (in quick succession) before the right one appeared. Having said that, it was busy and I guess they all looked pretty similar give or take the baked beans and mushrooms!
Finished brunch with the chocolate brownie, which was very tasty, highly recommended.
There are constant queues so be prepared to have to wait a little while during busy times, but it's well worth the wait and you don't get hurried out.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,424)

Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

I've been going through my third or fourth visit to Brighton restaurants in as many years, which has led to some disappointing reviews. But not so Bills, which was just marvellous. The premises are of course spectacular. The staff make a real effort, with the service being friendly rather than clinical. But most of all the food is still right on the nail. We had a new dish - a steak and chips, with wine and a dessert for 17.50,quid each. Great food and just terrific value. Our first visit since they branched out to London, but our fears were misplaced - marvellous.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

This place is amazing! If you want friendly staff, quick service and a great breakfast, this is the place to go. I had Eggs Benedict, and they were the best I've ever had. My son had Bill's Breakfast, which looked equally as good. Get there early though, they get very busy!

Reviewed October 12, 2013

The restaurant has scrubbed benches in a huge single room. The decor is unique as it consists of produce, tins and bottles so that it's like eating in a vast specialist food store. My wife and I ate at lunchtime and the place was heaving with diners. However, our order was taken quickly and the food arrived in perfect timing. My Duck Pie was amazing with large portions of breast meat all accompanied with a bottle of Bill's own beer. Do try this experience

Reviewed October 12, 2013

I have eaten here on many occasions, for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
I even had my birthday dinner here and was given a complimentry glass of champagne. The food is always 10/10 and the atmosphere is friendly and chic. Interesting interior and a great place for people wanting to try something a little different and 'Brighton'.