“Why do people come here?”
Review of Bill's

Bill's
Ranked #36 of 1,189 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Bill's Brighton restaurant opened in 2005, following the success of Lewes Bill's. Formerly a bus depot, it has a reputation as the place to go for weekend breakfasts, informal business meetings, and after work drinks and dinner.
Reviewed March 9, 2013

The puddings were good but main courses disappointing. Over-priced and very pleased with itself. A nice young waiter was very helpful though.

4  Thank Susie D
Write a ReviewReviews (1,375)

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I've eaten at Bills a number of times before and have always enjoyed the food and service.
However after our last visit I knew I had to sign up and write a review, as I was just so impressed with the exceptional service we received.

I arrived with my friend and boyfriends parents on Sunday night (3 March), cold from wandering the streets of Brighton looking for somewhere to eat (turns out on a Sunday night this is harder than expected!) We were on a limited time scale as we were due to go to my boyfriends gig - the entire reason his parents were down, and obviously didn't want to miss any of it!

Upon entering Bills, I quietly informed the (head?) waiter about our rushed situation, and can honestly say he did everything he possibly could to help speed things up for us - though with perfect balance as we never felt rushed or fussed upon.

The food was as always, a real treat (my friend and I both had the chicken skewers, and my boyfriends parents had a soup and another starter to share - both very happy!)

You can definitely become accustomed to mediocre or satisfactory service - which I think just makes scenarios like this all the more worth praising. We made it to the gig with plenty of time, and enjoyed a lovely meal out to boot.

Thank you so much to the staff on that night - you made life so much easier!

1  Thank tinydancerofbrighton
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Can't complain about the warm, colourful ambience. OK house wine came in bottles marked simply "white". The moules frites were cooked in a delicious sauce with well cooked skinny chips but I have rarely seen tinier mussels - most were barely a quarter of the size of one Zeeland moule.

Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Nice sunday night retreat with a very tender and delicious gammon steak.
Starters were generous, wine and beer lovely.
Only quibble was another diner who wouldn't move her seat, pretending we weren't there!
People TAKE NOTE dining out, by definition, is a social experience. So be nice to your neighbors.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Rely great friendly place, but still has the feel of a greasy spoon. Excellent.
First visit had a full English with some friends.,Food perfect in a funky atmosphere. Second time for dinner. Great fish a freezing cold white wine. hit the spot.