“Never judge a book by its cover”
Review of The Vineyard - CLOSED

The Vineyard
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My Mum & Dad recommended this little gem to me. The restaurant is quite small and old fashioned but the food and service was amazing! If you like Authentic Greek food and steak, this is the place for you! Can't wait to go back to Brighton so we can eat here again! Thank you!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Being Cypriot and having tried lots of Cypriot food all over the UK and in Cyprus this did not come up to standard at all! There are lots of nice Greek restaurants in Brighton (close by too) but aside the 70's decor we thought we would try it anyway.

The food didn't taste authentic, fresh or particularly tasteful and the host wasn't the friendliest either. Beside the food not being good the prices were not cheap, I don't mind paying for good food but the restaurant was dated AND food not great so £47 for 2 people (no alcohol, or dessert) seemed expensive to us. She also bought out one bill, then came back and changed it, to £10 more, including raising the service charge (I don't really think service charge should even be used in a restaurant like this, as most posher restaurants in Brighton don't add it.)

I won't be venturing here again....

1  Thank behindmyeyeball
Reviewed April 22, 2013

A little disappointing! This is a Greek style restaurant and both my wife and I had souvlakia. I had beef and my wife had pork. They were both rather overcooked and quite greasy. Sadly my beef was also tough and I was unable to eat several pieces.

Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Again It's been 12 months since we last visited this place and its sad to hear that the manager sadly passed away last April, our hearts go out to everyone who know him. He was always a laugh and they managed to keep the family run business running through difficult times. Anyway reading some of the reviews and we have a lot of people complaining about the steaks .....this place is not a steak house, if you want a steak go somewhere else, and don't complain, this place cooks amazing traditional Greek food, traditional style. We booked for a table of six and the selection of starters and mains was brilliant, lamb and beef dishes washed down with bottles of KEO. We will be back again next year. And if his fab daughter is reading this, we wish you all the very best, keep up the fantastic work you do. Xx

2  Thank M2bfx
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Step back in time to the 1970's. I dont think anything has changed in the restaurant for 40 years with retro furniture and table clothes but that is part of the charm. This is a family run affair with a mother and daughter team.

Very efficient service and really good greek food. Recommend it.

1  Thank mark h