“Late dinner”

The House Restaurant
Ranked #49 of 1,196 Restaurants in Brighton
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Nestled amongst Brighton���s famous Lanes, filled with bohemian cafes and boutiques, is The House Restaurant ��� a favourite hang-out for Brighton's foodies. Located only minutes away from the seaside and the Royal Pavilion, The House Restaurant is a cosy establishment spread over two floors in a converted Victorian house decorated with a modern vanilla and chocolate brown colour scheme. The food here is modern British, and specialties include beef Wellington and steak - customers come back again and again for the sirloin and fillet steaks, all tender, cooked to order and served with your choice of chunky chips or new potatoes. The extensive menu has something for everyone including, this being Brighton, a great range of vegetarian choices. Weather permitting (or even if it doesn���t ��� there���s heating!), there���s a lovely outdoor terrace set in a cobbled sheltered square in the south Lanes.
Reviewed June 9, 2014

i went there after my hotel suggested me to do so, specially it was around 10 p.m. anyway i did not regret for a second my experience there starting from the hot drinks then there perfect delicious starters ending with the main course and there juice. everything was perfect. never the less there waiter was more than friendly go for a mile from his way to help you and talk to you. and i would like also to mention the warm atmosphere which take your experience totally to other extent.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Went here after reading the reviews and was visiting Brighton as a family group and wanted somewhere 'extra nice' to eat and we were certainly not disappointed. We were greeted by friendly staff and were looked after during our visit. The food was superb, not one family member was disappointed. This restaurant is certainly a case of you get what you pay for, and it was well worth paying extra for the ambience, food and happy guests !

Reviewed May 17, 2014

If you are looking for exquisite food on a wonderful terrace in sunny Brighton look no further.

Fantastic.

Jerome & Isabelle

Reviewed May 11, 2014

First came here back in 2010 and was impressed then. Revisited again in May 2014 and my view hasn't changed. Tucked away behind a Costa this is a proper hideaway. 4 of us turned up on Saturday night with no booking and despite the place being busy we were shown straight to a table. We all went for the steak, and may I say the fillet was amazing! Good atmosphere (aside from the table of 6 'bohemian' types behind us trying to outdo each other - at times I struggled to hear what was being said at my own table).

Reviewed May 8, 2014

When Ainsley Harriot said "This is the best steak I've had in Brighton" he was not wrong! (The fish dishes are REALLY good too!)

I found this fantastic restaurant over 2 years ago, nestled away in a cute little corner of East Street just off the South Lanes. I had not long moved to Brighton from London where I had been living for 10 years and from my first visit I knew I would be visiting again and again!

The House Restaurant is perfectly located and absolutely faultless! Every time I visit the atmosphere is buzzing along with incredible service topped off by delicious food and wine.

I recently visited with my Mum over Easter weekend and everything was just as charming with a warm welcome as always. I am looking forward to visiting with my Dad again this weekend!

If you have not yet experienced The House Restaurant I thoroughly recommend it for any occasion large or small!