“Great seafood restaurant ”

Riddle and Finns The Beach
Ranked #28 of 1,189 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Now open on the beachfront – Riddle & Finns II is the sister restaurant to the highly acclaimed Riddle & Finns in The Lanes.
Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

Food was good (I especially recommend the seabass as a main). Our scallops for starter was slightly undercooked and the service was a bit slow but relatively friendly. I would recommend it

Write a ReviewReviews (1,842)

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Second visit to the restaurant in the lanes. Both visits spot on service from the guy who manages the place and all the other waiting staff we had. Very very good food - fish pie scrummy, jam packed with mixed fish.
Reading other comments - I do agree that the chairs are a bit uncomfortable (the raised edge at the front of the seat digs in by the end of the night - but hey, I'm there to eat the food not buy a dining chair). No reservations - so what! Adds to the thrill. It means this place is constantly busy and buzzy as there are no 'no shows'. Sharing tables - again, so what! All like minded people in there who don't mind if you might brush against their elbow, could even start a beautiful conversation between strangers, wow, happy days!

Reviewed December 16, 2013

That was my second visit - fabulous. The first time was in the lanes with my best friend then i thought that i should book in brighton to celebrate wedding anniversary. this time we opted for the shore restaurant. dining al fresco - shellfish platter, champagne, seagulls, breeze - amazing . it was magical. thank you so much, riddle is our favourite in brighton!!! will be back

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Visited on a Sunday evening in mid December. Food was okay. Shell-on prawns were good. Crab and chilli linguini a little tasteless and under seasoned. Tempura halloumi was a lovely dish but I'm a big fan of halloumi anyway.

The biggest disappointment was the service. The waiting staff were quite rude and dismissive which created an awkward eating environment. Waiting staff appeared to spend most of their time chatting together whilst failing to serve paying customers. On top of this, we were charged an automatic 10% service charge.

The restaurant enforces a side-by-side and shared table arrangement, which was fine for us but may not suit others. Despite the poor service, the general ambience of the restaurant was nice.

While we understand we may have caught the restaurant on an off day, the experience would have been much better if the service had been more friendly and welcoming.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

My wife and I had lunch here on an early December Monday. It's nicely tucked away in the Lanes, small but not too crowded. Very good and friendly service. Native oysters were firm and delicious and a dover sole was perfectly cooked with butter and lemon. I recommend it.

1  Thank John D