“Best Fajitas I have ever had!”

Las Iguanas - Brighton
Ranked #131 of 1,124 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Mexican, Brazilian, Latin, South American, Central American
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Walk through the doors of Las Iguanas and find yourself transported to Latin America, full of rich, vibrant colours, quirky features and custom-made wooden mosaic tables made especially for the restaurant from sustainable woods in Brazil. Each restaurant is unique and the staff love bringing unusual things back from their travels, ranging from large lobster sculptures to giant drums. The philosophy of Las Iguanas is to serve delicious and authentic Latin American food and drink in an environment which evokes the very best of Latin life. With recipes dating back to the 16th century, the food successfully fuses native Latin American Indian, Spanish, Portuguese and African influences. Working hard to ensure that everything comes from the best possible source, Las Iguanas is proud of its fresh GM free food and top quality ingredients.
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Best Fajitas I have ever had!”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Love coming to Las iguanas Brighton! Well located, unfortunately parking isn't amazing but can usually find a space within walking distance! Food is very good, comes piping hot! The fajitas were the best I have had in a long time! For a chain they are very good. It's not cheap but worth it. Would recommend to friends / couples.

Only downside is 4 different waiters came and asked if we were ok. Was a bit annoying when you are eating - but guess it's better than being completely ignored.

• Visited January 2014

brighton
“Something going wrong there lately”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

3 last time i have been there ordering same dish was big superising to recive 3 different ways of the same dish . Once bland , once no peppers , once just hard tortilla. Plus children's menu its full of oil which is not exactly you want to be served. Used to visit once a week now don't know if will return

• Visited February 2014
LasIguanasHQ, Owner at Las Iguanas - Brighton, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
I'm sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your dishes on your visit. We are really proud of our menu which is cooked fresh and I would encourage you to always let us know if you do not enjoy a dish as we will do everything we can to ensure the dish meets our very high standards. I would like to arrange for our area manager to follow up with you if you wouldn't mind emailing me at lucy@iguanas.co.uk with your phone number, name and trip advisor ID. Lucy- Las Iguanas
Southampton
“Lucky flip of a coin!”
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

There are quiet a few places to eat in Brighton but we narrowed them down to couple of choiced and flipped a coin - Las Iguanas won.
Heading towards eight o'clock on a Thursday night the place was very busy but we were sat straight away without a reservation. A pleasant waitress took our order and looked after us. I'm not a fan of my food being served on a lump of wood but I got over it and just tucked in. I had a burger with jalapeños that actually had jalapeños in it (my last one from Chiquitos didn't and was cold) that was nearly perfect. Nice curly fries and average coleslaw. My wife had a chicken enchilada that was still hot and steaming well into the meal - and she rated it as "brilliant".
The waitress sweetly brought my wife a brownie with a candle as it was her birthday but we had that bagged that for our brownie obsessed son and ordered deserts of our choice! Very nice but perhaps a little bit expensive for what they are.
All in all it was a very good dining experience.
We are really pleased we tried this brand and now we know we like it we will try the one in Gunwharf (Portsmouth) as that is an area we visit quite regularly.

“Now that's what I call service”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

All the food was well cooked and reasonably priced, but the jewel in the Las Iguanas crown was the attention to detail and level of customer service from our waiter. I can spot insincerity at 50 paces so have become quite cynical about the false smile and "have a nice day" mantra from people who secretly hope you fall down and break your neck on the way home. Tonight's server really made an effort to ensure things went smoothly and renewed my faith that people much younger then me can still have a great work ethic and care about what they do, despite the stereotypes applied to "youngsters" by my moaning old peers. I completed the feedback form for the venue as I needed to make sure they knew what a great ambassador he was for the company.

We had a party of 6, one of whom lives with Ceoliac disease. The gluten free options were clearly identified and well sourced (some GF grub is really not pleasant in my somewhat less than humble opinion). Happy hour deals on cocktails made having a post Brighton half-marathon tipple an affordable option for the runners.

If I had to criticise, there are just two things I think could be improved. The gambas - one of my favourite dishes I think is much better without the stockings and suspenders left on. (That's the shell and head and antennae and legs - I know some people think it adds to the flavour so this might be an aversion others do not share). The Long Island Iced Tea was also a little on the low alcohol side. When made properly, it's inherently a drink to knock your socks off, so ours was shared erroneously on that basis. These two points are so nit picky however, I would still give the 5 stars.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Sidthemanager
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Great restaurant and bar, very buzzy on the Friday night I visited, happy hour was brilliant 2 for 1 cocktails! Delicious food and good service

Visited January 2014