“Gorgeous food”

Muang Thai
Ranked #404 of 1,154 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: At Muang Thai we take great care to ensure that all our food is healthy and delicious, we carefully consider each step in preparation from selecting fresh high quality ingredients to ensure all our homemade dishes capture the true essence of Thailand. As all our dishes are made to order, please feel free to ask for any alternatives/components to best suit your palette. Our special recipes are designed to use authentic herbs and spices, with no flavor enhancers. For every customer, ordering dishes across our selected menu, our unique fusion dishes combine the taste of the East and West. Take a look at the dishes on offer to you and we hope to see you again, to welcoming you to enjoy a real taste of Thailand right here in Brighton.
Suffolk
“Gorgeous food”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Although quite small it is decorated beautifully. They have authentica tables on the floor with cushions to sit on and ordinary tables for us old fogies! The food was visually stunning and very tasty. The service was excellent. Wish I lived in Brighton so that I could visit weekly.

Visited February 2013

Brighton, United Kingdom
“My favourite thai in Brighton”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

There seem to be a lot of differing views on Muang Thai, but I have been there more than a dozen times and have always found it to be excellent. There is a great range of starters and mains that for the most part have been delicious, and I find it compares favourably to the other thai places nearby. I think that the understaffing issue that other reviewers have mentioned is a fair point - it does sometimes take a while to get served, and yes this can also carry through into delivery times if you order a take away. That's the only thing I'd change. Otherwise it's a great choice for a delicious meal, and the staff are always charming and polite.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Barilyn U
turkey
“dreadful”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

why do people keep writing about this apppauling place, we went there in January 2012, never ever again, its dreadful, the service, the food, the place is fithy, don't go there, get it shut down.

• Visited January 2012
“Second time round not so good”
Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

I had been here last year and the food and service were much better then. We went on a Saturday. It took ages for our order to be taken and then arrive. In fact a table that arrived about thirty to forty mins after us was served first. Not everyone got exactly what they ordered because not only couldn't the waiter speak much English, he couldn't read Thai. He had to be supervised by a manager and even then got it wrong. I don't blame the waiter he was very sweet and did try. By the time we got our food we were too hungry too argue. It was ok but nothing to rave about. My rice was undercooked and my friends red Thai curry was actually green and so hot he couldn't eat most of it. Anyway, I won't be back next year.

Chesterfield, England, United Kingdom
“Great food, service a little slow”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Lovely set menu, really enjoyed the food. Service altough friendly and effeicient was a little slow. But we didnt mind as in no hurry - they do a lot of takeaways so busy with people coming and going.

Visited September 2012