“Second time round not so good”
Review of Muang Thai

Muang Thai
Ranked #365 of 1,173 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: At Muang Thai we take great care to ensure that all our food is healthy and delicious, we carefully consider each step in preparation from selecting fresh high quality ingredients to ensure all our homemade dishes capture the true essence of Thailand. As all our dishes are made to order, please feel free to ask for any alternatives/components to best suit your palette. Our special recipes are designed to use authentic herbs and spices, with no flavor enhancers. For every customer, ordering dishes across our selected menu, our unique fusion dishes combine the taste of the East and West. Take a look at the dishes on offer to you and we hope to see you again, to welcoming you to enjoy a real taste of Thailand right here in Brighton.
Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

I had been here last year and the food and service were much better then. We went on a Saturday. It took ages for our order to be taken and then arrive. In fact a table that arrived about thirty to forty mins after us was served first. Not everyone got exactly what they ordered because not only couldn't the waiter speak much English, he couldn't read Thai. He had to be supervised by a manager and even then got it wrong. I don't blame the waiter he was very sweet and did try. By the time we got our food we were too hungry too argue. It was ok but nothing to rave about. My rice was undercooked and my friends red Thai curry was actually green and so hot he couldn't eat most of it. Anyway, I won't be back next year.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Lovely set menu, really enjoyed the food. Service altough friendly and effeicient was a little slow. But we didnt mind as in no hurry - they do a lot of takeaways so busy with people coming and going.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Very disappointing! We used to go to this restaurant about 5 years ago and it was lovely. We went back this weekend and were very disappointed. The tables were sticky and had a layer of dirt on them, the paint was tireed and dirty. The food was just average and they brought the wrong thing out. The service was poor. So overall not somewhere we will be going back to.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Gorgeous food, we ordered to our room in our B&B. Finished it all, it's delicious! Definitely try or go there.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

After waiting an hour I was told the food was on it way and would be with me 5minutes. Ten minute later I rang again - 5mins the lady said. Another ten mins passed, and the lady told me that my foods was with the driver who was making other deliveries. She couldn't contact the driver as he didn' t have hands free.
My food turned up incorrect, incomplete and cold. I rang and was told she was sorry. I asked for a refund and was told - sorry. I asked when the manager was in and was told he didn't live in the UK

I have to say that I've eaten in at the Restaurant on many occasions. However the last time wasn't a good experience - sloppy service and poor food quality combined with long waiting times. This time, using the take away was pretty much the same.

The market is competitive and whilst the food quality and authenticity is superior to other Thai establishments in St James St, the standards are dropping here and they do not appear to care