“great little thai - lovely authentic food”
Review of Mai Ped Ped Ped - CLOSED

Mai Ped Ped Ped
Cuisines: Thai
“great little thai - lovely authentic food”
Reviewed December 14, 2009

Popped into this restuarant on a cold and rainy day and were pleasently surprised by the quality of the food. My boyfriend loved the Tom Kha Gai and Green curry. I had Tom Yum noodle which warmed me up a treat! very surprised to see bad reviews on Trip advisor as couldn't fault it and we are very picky about our thai food!

West Sussex, United Kingdom
“Waited ages and wish we hadn't bothered.”
Reviewed June 8, 2009

We had lunch here today. The place was virtually empty so there should have been no real delay. My friend's apple juice(£2) had very little apple juice and lots of ice. The orchid bloom hanging over the glass rim did not make up for this.
A young lady(Thai) arriving after us with her boyfriend and obviously a friend of the waitresses then took precedence. She was served her meal before we were and the waitress stood and talked to her and ignored us and the other couple of diners.
My duck dish was over salted and my friend's stir-fry with cashew nuts was lacking in said nuts.
A disappointing meal. We will not be back and neither probably will the couple who sat and waited to be served before walking out.

1 Thank TontoViejo
London
“One of the worst meals ever”
Reviewed February 25, 2009

If I could give this restaurant a no-star rating then I would. This place was absolutely abysmal and probably my worst dining-out experience in a very long time, if not ever.

On arrival we discovered that our booking, which was placed a week prior to the evening, had not been taken at all so were told we were lucky to even get a table by the rather abrupt staff.

Our starters arrived in a hap-hazard fashion and over the space of half an hour which meant that some had finished long before any of the others had even started. It's important to note that there were only six of us dining so it's not as if they had to deal with a large party.

As regards main courses- we waited for two hours (!!!!) before two barely warm dishes arrived followed by another 15 minute wait for staff to come to our table again. By this stage we had had enough.

I asked to speak with the management but was told that they didn't have anybody there and at that stage it was decided to cut our losses and leave. We paid £65 for 5 small starters, a bottle of wine & 5 small beers so it wasn't exactly inexpensive by any stretch of the imagination.

As this was my partner's birthday I asked for a complimentary bottle of wine for having to now find somewhere to eat at what was fast approaching 10pm. The waitress was INCREDIBLY rude- it is so hard to emphasise this in words alone. I have never experienced anything like.

Please don't waste your time or money here- there are so many better places to go in Brighton. You'll just end up spoiling your evening otherwise.

brighton
“Simply the worst service I have ever had”
Reviewed January 25, 2009

Arrived to be greeted by surly staff, and placed on a tiny table by a door opposite the kitchen.

Waitress rolled her eyes while we ordered, and starters arrived frozen in the middle, Complained to a waitress who simply didnt give a damn! Replacements arrived still frozen!

Moved onto main which was fairly poor, dishes shoved into our hands and not placed onto table .

Atmosphere dismal and truely the worst service I have ever experienced.

To top it all have been violently sick today and will be contacting enviromental health.

DO NOT EAT HERE, So many lovely restaraunts in Brighton. Dont risk getting ill.

2 Thank pipBrighton
bristol
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst meal, service, atmosphere in a long time”
Reviewed January 24, 2009

I'm really not that fussy with food, nor ever find it necessary to make a complaint if im not entirely satisfied. However...
We were rudely greeted by non welcoming staff, and placed on a table facing the corner next to a propped open door.
Upstairs is directly above the kitchens and was ridiculously hot, and made it uncomfortable to eat. there was no aircon and they wouldnt open the window to cool us down.
Ordered starters, which were greasy and tasteless and generally poor quality.
The main course was a similar story, my girlfriend could not eat hers and i only managed to eat the meat in my meal without feeling ill. Completely tasteless cheap food with far too much chilli to compensate for the taste.
By this time, it was so hot that we had to repeatedly go to the bathroom to cool down.
After leaving our food and complaining, the staff were rude and not helpful, refusing to take money off of the bill.
They became aggressive and made a scene in front of everbody else involving around 4 or 5 staff!
ended up paying for most of the bill and leaving feeling angry and ripped off.
stay away from here! cheap prices but terrible food and service. lots of other lovely restaurants near by!

1 Thank lctbryan