“Authentic food, hidden gem!”
Review of Estia

Estia
Ranked #128 of 1,173 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We were looking for somewhere nice to go for our anniversary and discovered Estia on trip advisor. We don't usually eat greek cypriot food out so decided it would be nice to go somewhere different.

We shared the vegetarian mezze platter for starter and everything was delicious and fresh. For main course I had the stuffed pancake which had aubergine and feta inside ( I was vegetarian but there was enough to choose from), my boyfriend had a greek style stew and said it was lovely. Portions were pretty big, though another table had moussaka and it did look small for a main course. Nevertheless the food was very authentic and freshly prepared. The selection of desserts looked great but we were stuffed. Overall prices were reasonable (can't remember what we paid exactly), but we felt that the mezze as a main course would have worked out best value for money.

Service and atmosphere
The wait for the main course was a little long considering the restaurant was unfortunately very quiet (probably due to it being situated on a quieter road), but it was worth the wait! The staff were very friendly (it is run by a family) and we were asked if we had enough to drink and if we were happy with our meal. The restaurant itself is pretty small and has a lovely warm, welcoming and romantic feel, it just needs a few more tables filled to make it even better!

More people need to come here and boost the atmosphere and taste the delicious food Estia has to offer!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Estia goes from strength to strength! The food is as good as ever! I have been going here since they opened 9 years ago and I'm still enjoying it. I have taken family and friends here and everybody has a good time.
The Greek Cypriot food is authentic and always fresh and tasty. The mezze is always fun and great to share with friends and the moussaka, the kleftico and all the other classic dishes never fail to please. The service is knowledgeable, friendly and unhurried.
Now they are open during the day, you can have breakfast, lunch or just a coffee. They still open for dinner on Fridays and Saturdays and the Sunday roast is as good as anything in the city.
The decor is fresh and modern. Estia is ideally located off Western Road, near Waitrose and I'm eagerly awaiting my next visit!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We came here for dinner both because my gourmet diners card gets 25% off and my friend said she'd always wanted to try it...we weren't disappointed! We had the meze starter to share that was massive and incredibly yummy. Seriously, the best falafels ever. I then had an enormous chickpea & aubergine stew, which the server recommmended as I'm veggie, (it was hard to choose from all the options!) that came with fragrant rice and a delicious salad. Because it was so tasty I carried on eating well beyond the point I should have stopped!! The food was reasonably priced, the service friendly and helpful, the atmosphere relaxed. What I don't understand is why isn't it more busy??! I've already pleaded with my hubby to go back! Try it, you'll leave stuffed and happy like I did ;o)

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Came here for dinner last night with a friend, have wanted to try it for ages. Food was lovely, generous portion sizes, vegetarian meze platter for starter divine! And also, service just right, atmosphere nice and relaxed. There was only a few other groups of people in there and its probably because it's a bit hidden just off Western Road, looking a bit like someone's house rather than a restaurant that it wasn't really busy....and that seems such a shame! Definitely worth a visit

Reviewed March 15, 2013

So we used to come here a LOT. Then it closed and renamed to something else; and we finally spotted it was Estia again. We spoke to the owner and she explained that it was all a massive mistake on her part thinking she wanted something else.

But either way, it's back and it's better than ever. The food is amazing. The Meze is always the best value. Cannot recommend this place enough.