“First Try Not Disappointed”

ALROUCHE LEBANESE RESTAURANT
Ranked #357 of 1,154 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Lebanese
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Stoke-on-Trent, England, United Kingdom
“First Try Not Disappointed”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

First try at Lebanese food with three colleagues. Pleasantly pleased we gave it a go. All the food was cooked nicely with a nice balance of spices used. If you like your food spicy but not hot spiced then Lebanese is worth a try.

The restaurant is clean & basic, some nice little Middle Eastern pictures adorn the walls but it's not overly decorated. At the time of the evening we visited (about 7 pm) it was very quite in fact we were the only one's in there at the time but a few more dinners joined us so can't really comment on the atmosphere but I imagine it would be quite good on a busy evening as it's quite compact (about 30 covers).

I can only really comment on my own food so here goes. I had chicken livers to start cooked in garlic, lemon & olive oil. Now I know liver's not to everyone's taste but I was reasonably pleased. It was well cooked as in not over cooked & rubbery & the portion was quite large. Suffice to say I ate nearly all of it anyway. For the main I enjoyed a Sea Bream lightly fried with pilau rice & side salad. It also came with a side sauce for dipping (olive oil & garlic based). The fish was served whole. It was very nice having not eaten Sea Bream before but a fish lover I was quite pleased with my selection. I also tried a bottle of Lebanese lager which wasn't bad either. Total cost for myself was £16.50 so really reasonable.

Definitely worth a visit if you're looking for something a bit out of the ordinary & not expensive. Oh & they don't charge the rip off 10% service charge that lots of restaurants in Brighton like to do.

• Visited June 2014

Hassocks, United Kingdom
“What a great find!”
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely meal here, staff were great, very comfortable and some great flavours. Will definitely go back again.

Visited December 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
“What a find”
Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

What a great little place we came across by chance one lunchtime. It was fantastic value with very friendly service. We will definitely visit again.

• Visited March 2014
Steyning, United Kingdom
“Good honest food, great prices”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Went here with some friends on a Saturday night, a little worried at first as the restaurant was empty. By the time we ordered every table was taken. The food was gorgeous, healthy, fresh, delicious food. We all had the set menu at a very reasonable £10.95 each! The mezze to start was great, then the mixed grill was lovely - I'm not usually a fan of kofte, but this one was so succulent and tasty.
The house wine at under £9 a bottle was fine, can't really complain at that price!
I'd definitely go back and would recommend this to anyone wanting good fresh food.

• Visited March 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent little restaurant”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Great food and fanastic value.
An absolute gem and a great find.
The food was lovely, fresh and very tasty.
Excellent value for money, even the cheap bottle of wine was nice.
I will go back.