“Excellent value”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Attracts a lot of students because it's cheap but even oldies like me go. For a well-balanced meal probably not the best choice in the world, but interesting tastes and you can bring a bottle in with you (corkage to pay) and cutlery limited, but hey good to practise with your chopsticks. Don't get caught out - don't accept cards, buy ATMs nearby. Favourite dish - the eel and Kaiso salad. Limited desserts - only 2 I think! Look out for offers on Facebook!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Yesterday, my girlfriend and I visited this place on the recommendation of Trip Advisor. The place is very cosy therefore gets busy quickly mainly with young people/students. We had to wait few minutes but then we got a table. We had 3 starters which included Prawns Tempura, Ebi Fried and Gyoza. Although the Prawns were juicy and succulent they didn’t deliver the same flavours as the Gyoza. My girlfriend had Chicken Curry that wasn’t bad while I had Pork Curry that had a good taste but was a bit fatty. We also had Japanese Tea and I must confess my ignorance here, I don’t know if it supposed to taste like that but it had a funny taste and as my girlfriend said, the smell and taste reminded her of when she goes to get the tyres changed at the tyre shop!!! Overall the meal was satisfactory for the price we paid, just under £ 20 for 2. I find it difficult in cases like this to give the right score because in my opinion it should score between 3 and 4. This is due to the rating system I have already pointed out to trip advisor but I haven’t had a reply yet. It doesn’t seem right somehow to go for 3 classified as average to jump to 4 as very good. Shouldn’t there be one in between for “good”? Therefore although I will give them 3 it should read 3 and a half.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Overall, no complaints. The food is AWESOME (especially the tofu dishes and chicken satay sticks) and the service is even better, with the wait for food being no longer than 10 minutes. If you are looking for a long dining experience I would not recommend going here as it is very fast and you probably won't spend long in there, but it is DEFINITELY worth a visit!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

how can anyone eat here?? ok, food is cheap, but the quality is terrible! restaurant looks dirty.
this place is good for noisy young students. bleh.

1  Thank aalisonn
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I ordered the Tofu Chilli Don with Spring Rolls. The Chilli Don was incredibly filling and flavourful! Not too much sauce because it would make sickly, it had enough Tofu pieces too. The service was so quick. It's a very small joint so be aware as it's busy most times, which doesn't surprise me. Don't get the Orange juice, you get this tiny carton, it's a rip off.