“Fantastic meal - even for carnivors like us”
Review of Terre a Terre

Terre a Terre
Ranked #26 of 1,154 Restaurants in Brighton
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions
Description: Brighton's critically acclaimed Terre a Terre is a vegetarian restaurant that will have even the most ardent carnivore waxing lyrical. Situated close to the sea-front. The decor is chic and stylish, using wooden floors and furniture to contrast with vibrant colours. But here the food is the centrepiece: dhal basmati buns with coconut curry leaf chatni, better Batter and Lemony Yemeni Relish and Thai aubergine jungle curry are just a few of the exotic and imaginative dishes you can find here. To complement the food, a large selection of organic beers, ciders and wines are available. A three course meal here costs an average of £30 per person. A refreshing take on vegetarian cuisine.
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic meal - even for carnivors like us”
Reviewed September 7, 2009

Amazing cuisine. Even our kids loved it (and God knows they aren't normally veggie lovers). We've been there twice and love the tapas platter which allows you to taste a number of dishes. It looks and tastes wonderful. I'm not sure it is low-fat but most good things in life aren't :-)

London
“Take a dictionary”
Reviewed September 6, 2009

I have been a vegetarian all my life and so it was a wonderful surprise to be invited to a 10 0 per cent vegetarian restaurant. It is very spacious and presents itself more as a bistro than an upmarket restaurant with polished wooden tables. I found the menu may as well have been written in a foreign language as there were many ingredients I had either never heard of or had a vague recollection of what they might be. That said no one had any complaints about the quality of the food but again none of us really had any idea of what we had ordered. I felt somewhat of a guinea pig. To play safe I ordered a selection of starter size dishes costing GBP 19 which were beautifully presented but I had little idea what I was eating.The small carafe of white wine at almost GBP 14 (US$ 20) was delicious though pricey. Deserts were around GBP 7 and the bill for 4 came close to GBP 100..If you are after a quiet romantic meal you may be disappointed by kids being allowed to run around having their fun and spoiling ours. .

1 Thank broadwood24
UK
“Fascinating and unusual vegetarian food”
Reviewed September 2, 2009

I was very excited about going to this restaurant and had high hopes for a gourmet vegetarian experience. The menu is really unusual: it is a rare experience for me to have to ask what some of the ingredients are. We went on a Saturday evening - it was extremely busy with a buzzy atmosphere. As we didn't know if we would ever have the opportunity to eat there again we shared a tapas plate, which gives you a selection of small portions of several dishes. We enjoyed it: but paradoxically we were glad we hadn't got room for a main course: we would not have wanted most of the small portions as our only dish. Also, the different flavours did not compliment one another - particularly the japanese offering sitting next to the indian. We had high hopes for the Yemeni halloumi but it was bland and disappointing, and we both prefered the indian and mexican options. Dessert was delicious. This would be such a treat for a vegan, I would recommend it to vegetarians, I wouldn't try to convert a carnivore there, and it didn't get the 10 out of 10 I expected.

London, United Kingdom
“Not bad”
Reviewed August 25, 2009

This place is rated very highly. I thought the food was tasty, the ambience lively and it has a buzz about it. The seats are like a canteen, so not the most comfortable I have experienced.

The staff are great. The menu is a little limited.

Olney, Bucks
“Without a doubt, the best veggie food i've ever eaten. FANTASTIC!”
Reviewed August 25, 2009

We went to Terre a Terre for our first wedding anniversary at the weekend having seen the reviews on here. We had the tapas sharing plate and wine for £30. What a bargain. The service was excellent and friendly and the food STUNNING. My husband and i haven't stopped talking about the food since we left! I would advise you to book ahead - we booked ahead and so were ok but many who hadn't booked were turned away, which, for a Sunday night in Brighton surprised me! I will definitely be coming back to this lovely restaurant!