“Without a doubt, the best veggie food i've ever eaten. FANTASTIC!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Terre a Terre

Terre a Terre
Ranked #26 of 1,098 Restaurants in Brighton
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Brighton's critically acclaimed Terre a Terre is a vegetarian restaurant that will have even the most ardent carnivore waxing lyrical. Situated close to the sea-front. The decor is chic and stylish, using wooden floors and furniture to contrast with vibrant colours. But here the food is the centrepiece: dhal basmati buns with coconut curry leaf chatni, better Batter and Lemony Yemeni Relish and Thai aubergine jungle curry are just a few of the exotic and imaginative dishes you can find here. To complement the food, a large selection of organic beers, ciders and wines are available. A three course meal here costs an average of £30 per person. A refreshing take on vegetarian cuisine.
Olney, Bucks
“Without a doubt, the best veggie food i've ever eaten. FANTASTIC!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2009

We went to Terre a Terre for our first wedding anniversary at the weekend having seen the reviews on here. We had the tapas sharing plate and wine for £30. What a bargain. The service was excellent and friendly and the food STUNNING. My husband and i haven't stopped talking about the food since we left! I would advise you to book ahead - we booked ahead and so were ok but many who hadn't booked were turned away, which, for a Sunday night in Brighton surprised me! I will definitely be coming back to this lovely restaurant!

UK
“The best restaurant in Brighton - and it's vegetarian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2009

I sometimes make an excuse to visit Brighton just to come to this fantastic restaurant, which is long established. The food never fails to impress and amaze - although you often don't know exactly what you are eating. We took a couple of carnivores with us and despite their initial scepticism, they readily agreed that it really is very good. I think the sweets are a little over-priced at £7.50, but they are really scumptious - my churros fingers with chocolate dipping sauce and cherries in vodka was out of this world. Unless you are very hungry I recommend sharing a couple of 'nibbles' rather than having a starter, in order to leave room for pudding. Our total bill was £148 for 4 people (nibbles, mains, deserts)including a bottle of wine.

Widecombe in the Moor, United Kingdom
“great food excellent menu. Raw food can be pre arranged and is fantastic. nice atmosphere and proffesional helpfull...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2009

great food excellent menu.
Raw food can be pre arranged and is fantastic.
nice atmosphere and proffesional helpfull staff

North East England
“mildly disappointing...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2009

This restaurant was one of the reasons I booked a holiday in Brighton. I had been before and loved it. This time we went lunchtime and it was indeed lovely staff were friendly and food was good. Garlic bread to die for and lovely disco aubergine starter for my OH (I don't like aubergine but LOVED everythiing else on the plate!). He had sushi reversed (seaweed on the side of the plate) with lots of extras which was extremely pleasant for main. I had the rosti revisited and it was far too filling for lunchtime (my mistake). The poached egg though was underdone with slippy egg white on the spinach which was a big shame as it diluted the unctuousness of this confort food dish. Partners pud - off the frugal foodies fantastic value menu - was gorgeous - coconut ice with raspberries mmmmm

Nice wine and beer and a lovely lunch - and no trouble to get a seat. Only moldly disappointing but I believed this restaurant was perrrrfect, and perhaps its only just great.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Manchester
“Fantastic food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2009

I was recommended to go to this restaurant by a vegetarian friend and although I am not a vegetarian I am very glad I did. The menu options are quite unusual but very tasty. The deserts and cocktails were amazing and the restaurant itself was also very nice.

I would definitely recommend this to a friend