“Amazing!”
Review of Terre a Terre

Terre a Terre
Ranked #25 of 1,154 Restaurants in Brighton
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Brighton's critically acclaimed Terre a Terre is a vegetarian restaurant that will have even the most ardent carnivore waxing lyrical. Situated close to the sea-front. The decor is chic and stylish, using wooden floors and furniture to contrast with vibrant colours. But here the food is the centrepiece: dhal basmati buns with coconut curry leaf chatni, better Batter and Lemony Yemeni Relish and Thai aubergine jungle curry are just a few of the exotic and imaginative dishes you can find here. To complement the food, a large selection of organic beers, ciders and wines are available. A three course meal here costs an average of £30 per person. A refreshing take on vegetarian cuisine.
Weybridge, United Kingdom
“Amazing!”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Had dinner at this restaurant recently with a group of friends, I was the only veggie but everyone adored the food! Menu is unusual and original and the staff could not be more helpful. A must do in Brighton.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Candida13

Bolton, United Kingdom
“Yummy”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Service was excellent - helped with choices and happy to adjust dishes to suite taste - loved the hot fried olives! Generous portions of delicious dishes - not a cheap option but lovely for a treat.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank Lynn B
“Terre a Terre No Welcome and Bad Service”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Having eating in this restaurant since it's inception and enjoyed countless birthdays, meetings etc., I was unpleasantly surprised when I visited with my adult son at around 5.00pm yesterday; the restaurant was almost completely empty. We were initially greeted pleasantly and we asked to sit on the terrace. At this point a member of staff approached and asked us very briskly if we had booked which seemed ludicrous at 5 o clock in an empty restaurant. We made our way through to the terrace and wanted to sit at a table for four (paperwork, 6ft2 son and so on) - but no - the staff member wanted us to sit at a table for 2 - 'we'll move' we said 'if you get busy' - 'too much of a palava' she said! We left and went to another restaurant where we received the welcome, service and standards which I think given the reputation and cost should be offered by Terre a Terre. Shame.

• Visited June 2014
6 Thank Geraldine L
London
“Dare I suggest vegetarians are easily pleased...”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Maybe I chose the wrong things but I found the menu uninspiring and the dishes lacking in flavour and overall just a real lack of sophistication - in terms of presentation, technique and flavours, also beware pun-based menus. Still it is great to have vegetarian options and I was perhaps the wrong audience for this restaurant. Staff all very nice.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Guliver101
“I'm not vegetarian but could be!!”
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

I am a meat lover. Like nothing better than chicken wings, bloody steak and juicy burgers. My partner however is not and on out first date we went here, not just because I wanted to impress her but because I had been there before, that was over 8 years ago and I have been back numerous times. Each time I go there is something else to try and whilst taste is subjective you can't help but admire their outright invention. It makes you want to try new things. It is not cheap but I strongly urge you to try this, whether you are going to tuck into a bacon sarnie or not the following morning.

• Visited July 2013