“I'm not vegetarian but could be!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Terre a Terre

Terre a Terre
Ranked #25 of 1,098 Restaurants in Brighton
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Brighton's critically acclaimed Terre a Terre is a vegetarian restaurant that will have even the most ardent carnivore waxing lyrical. Situated close to the sea-front. The decor is chic and stylish, using wooden floors and furniture to contrast with vibrant colours. But here the food is the centrepiece: dhal basmati buns with coconut curry leaf chatni, better Batter and Lemony Yemeni Relish and Thai aubergine jungle curry are just a few of the exotic and imaginative dishes you can find here. To complement the food, a large selection of organic beers, ciders and wines are available. A three course meal here costs an average of £30 per person. A refreshing take on vegetarian cuisine.
“I'm not vegetarian but could be!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

I am a meat lover. Like nothing better than chicken wings, bloody steak and juicy burgers. My partner however is not and on out first date we went here, not just because I wanted to impress her but because I had been there before, that was over 8 years ago and I have been back numerous times. Each time I go there is something else to try and whilst taste is subjective you can't help but admire their outright invention. It makes you want to try new things. It is not cheap but I strongly urge you to try this, whether you are going to tuck into a bacon sarnie or not the following morning.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Baronbigballs

Palo Alto, California
“Really Yummy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

This was my favorite restaurant in Brighton! The food was great and the prices were reasonable. I was traveling on business and several of us went to dinner there one night. After that others from our group went on our recommendation and several people went twice. Very good.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Kathy S
London
“The best vegetarian restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

After the fire that closed the restaurant for some months, I was fearful some of the magic would be lost. I shouldn't have doubted. This is the only vegetarian restaurant in the world that I actively seek a table at! It never fails to excite and satisfy my tastebuds and it is very reasonably priced. Well worth a detour but it gets booked up - so plan ahead!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank liberaceLondon
Brighton
“de - bloomin - licious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

Popped in here for a quick lunch prior to spending the afternoon at the spa. A 'lite' lunch said the girlfriend who booked a table. Hmmmmmm........we were still there 2 hours later scoffing dessert!
It was a beautiful day and the restaurant was quiet and we were offered a table outside on the small terrace. As we had never been before the waiter suggested the Tapas menu to share which came with a small carafe of organic wine. What an excellent choice. The most beautiful plate of food was placed before us. I'm not a vegetarian but would happily eat food like this every day. So many tasty little treats, so many colours and textures, absolutely delicious! We munched and chomped and chatted and completely cleaned the plate. The only thing we didn't finish? The chunky chips!! Seeking something sweet to finish with and accompany our coffee we decided on the churros to share which came complete with 3 dipping pots. I think I may have died and gone to heaven, the chocolate and caramel pot was superb. I would return here for that alone! Delicious food, superb friendly staff who knew their stuff. A great place for lunch. We will return.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Erylis
Reigate, United Kingdom
“If only all vegetarian food was this good……..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

I’m not a vegetarian, but this restaurant was excellent.

Before I get onto the food, let me say something about the customer service. We had a leisurely 2 hour lunch and were sat near the door so had the opportunity to watch outstanding customer service from a range of enquires from “can I store my cycle somewhere”, ” we’ve missed our reservation by an hour”, to “can this be cooked with no ginger”. The front of house dealt with every request with a calm assured style. I mention this customer service as it was some of the best customer service I can remember seeing. Our waiter really new the menu and his advice and guidance was again outstanding.

Started with a cocktail, the rum and fresh raspberry cocktail was absolutely top drawer, definitely will try another one of those on my next visit. Every dish was faultless, very tasty but each plate had a mass of complimentary tastes and textures. Not sure who the chef is but they are absolutely inspired and the execution is outstanding.

Overall an excellent experience, would happily return…any vegetarian or vegan is in for an absolute treat, and for any meat eating guests, leave your biases about vegetarian food at home and enjoy an absolute treat.

• Visited June 2014