“Brilliant Vegetarian food for meat eaters.”
Review of Terre a Terre

Terre a Terre
Ranked #23 of 1,189 Restaurants in Brighton
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Brighton's critically acclaimed Terre a Terre is a vegetarian restaurant that will have even the most ardent carnivore waxing lyrical. Situated close to the sea-front. The decor is chic and stylish, using wooden floors and furniture to contrast with vibrant colours. But here the food is the centrepiece: dhal basmati buns with coconut curry leaf chatni, better Batter and Lemony Yemeni Relish and Thai aubergine jungle curry are just a few of the exotic and imaginative dishes you can find here. To complement the food, a large selection of organic beers, ciders and wines are available. A three course meal here costs an average of £30 per person. A refreshing take on vegetarian cuisine.
Reviewed February 18, 2014

My wife is vegetarian and so we went here for a birthday treat. I eat meat so usually we go to traditional restaurants. Occasionally we have gone to veggie restaurants where vegetables are made to taste like meat and that never works out.
It was fantastic to find a restaurant that treats vegetables as vegetables cooks them really well prepares the plate to be exciting and tasty and not a hint of meaty flavours anywhere.
We had a great night the food was superb as was the service and atmosphere. This is a vibrant fun restaurant with bustle and class.
It really is as good as the reviews superb.

1  Thank fatboygto
Write a ReviewReviews (2,309)

Reviewed February 18, 2014

We had an excellent meal here for two. The starter was delicious although such a big portion that we didn't really need a main course! My meat eating boyfriend really loved the food too. Lots of choice and more unusual dishes to choose from.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

We went to Brighton for my birthday to shop for my present, and to eat in our favourite vegetarian restaurant. Pleased we used the on line booking service as it was the half marathon and as the weather was lovely Brighton was very busy. The wonderful food and friendly staff made my birthday extra special (they didn't know it was my birthday).

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I'm new to Brighton, and while it's true that it's awash with mindfullness, green tea and vegetarians, (all of which have the capacity to irritate) Terre a Terre stands out.

We had one of the most glorious meals I have eaten in a restaurant for aeons.

Perfectly cooked, imaginative food prepared and presented with exceptional attention to detail by professional and friendly staff.

The Winter Set menu at £26.00 per head is great value.

Highly recommended - I haven't eaten meat since. (It was only yesterday....)

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I've been a vegetarian for 30+ years and eaten at many places all over the world. This is simply the best. The food is just incredible and im always amazed at how wonderful it tastes! The staff are also fantastic and really make the whole night a great experience to remember. This is my number 1 restaurant without a doubt.