“Fantastic Food, Excellent Service”
Review of Terre a Terre

Terre a Terre
Ranked #23 of 1,189 Restaurants in Brighton
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Brighton's critically acclaimed Terre a Terre is a vegetarian restaurant that will have even the most ardent carnivore waxing lyrical. Situated close to the sea-front. The decor is chic and stylish, using wooden floors and furniture to contrast with vibrant colours. But here the food is the centrepiece: dhal basmati buns with coconut curry leaf chatni, better Batter and Lemony Yemeni Relish and Thai aubergine jungle curry are just a few of the exotic and imaginative dishes you can find here. To complement the food, a large selection of organic beers, ciders and wines are available. A three course meal here costs an average of £30 per person. A refreshing take on vegetarian cuisine.
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I recently went to Terre a Terre for the first time. The menu was mind-blowing, and the food didn't disappoint. To start we ordered the Terre a Tapas, which was a very generous tapas for 2, and had lots of tasty bites from the menu, we throughly enjoyed this, and would definitely order it again next time. The mains were equally creative and tasty.

The staff were also efficient and polite.

We will definitely be visiting Terre a Terre again really soon, and would highly recommend it to anyone. My husband is a meat eater, and also thoroughly enjoyed the food.

TerreaTerre, Guest Relations Manager at Terre a Terre, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am so glad you enjoyed. We have a talented enthusiastic team that deliver wonderful creative food and the best service - I will make sure to pass all the compliments on to them. We look forward to seeing you again very soon. Terre a Terre Team x

Write a ReviewReviews (2,309)

Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

Visited based on reputation, whilst visiting Brighton in order to convince my carnivore husband that a great meal doesn't have to include meat. And it worked!
The restaurant had a fantastic atmosphere on a very wet & windy Saturday. Our server was extremely attentive & friendly but without being overbearing. Every dish was interesting & full of flavour. 16 year old daughter loved it as well. Highly recommended!

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am so glad you and your daughter enjoyed, thank you for the kind words about us and our food. We have a talented enthusiastic team that deliver wonderful creative food and the best service - I will make sure to pass all the compliments on to them. We look forward to seeing you again very soon. Terre a Terre Team x

Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

We went here for my dad's birthday and the atmosphere was warm, welcoming and friendly. All the staff were incredibly cheerful and made the evening special.

With two meat eaters and two vegans we all had different expectations, however after just the first bite of our starter we were all won over by the outstanding food.

We all had the tapas plate to start. It was beautifully presented and it was a sensation of flavours. From a deliciously dressed salad, a shot of earthy mushroom soup and gorgeously crispy tofu. Both huge plates were polished clean!

For mains two of us chose rostis and two chose ding dong (mulled mushroom ragout pie). I had rosti shroom thyme and it was one of the tastiest meals I've ever eaten. A crispy rosti toped with a selection of incredible mushrooms and salad with a delicious creamy mushroom sauce... heaven! The rest of our party all loved their mains too!

Three of us had desserts, two for the Churrosimo and one the truffle shuffle roulette. My dad had the truffles, at first they looked very small but he thoroughly enjoyed them and it finished his meal nicely. I had churrosimo with the salt caramel and chocolate dipping sauce. Absolutely delicious!!! As a vegan good desserts are few and far between but this ticked all my boxes. Crispy, sweet and gooey chocolate! Enough said!

Terre a terre banishes the myth that veggie food is just for rabbits and delivers so well in every aspect. We all went away very very satisfied, full to the brim and smiling. Will definitely be back!

Its so rewarding to hear feedback like this. We at Terre a Terre try to offer as much choice within a vegetarian menu and cater for additional dietary requirements, customer satisfaction like yours is our aim. Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We have a talented enthusiastic team that deliver wonderful creative food and the best service - I will make sure to pass all the compliments on to them. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Terre a Terre Team x

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I have dined here many times, and for taste combinations and presentation it is fantastic. Today's soup was beetroot and orange - delicate but tasty, and then Run Rarebit Run - just look at the ingredients: Toasty Sussex cheddar rarebit laced with Sheep’s Nose Cider and mustard grains crammed into hot pot spicedcornbread served with smoked yogurt and salt baked carrot, caraway pickled and puréed. Finished with tamari pumpkin seeds, cake crumbs and olive oil. Yum, yum, yum! There's also a fine wine list.The food always looks absolutely beautiful. Service was prompt and professional; I couldn't manage a dessert, but the puddings I've had before have been to die for. As you can tell, I simply LOVE this place and whether you are vegetarian or not, doubt very much if you could ever be disappointed. Yes, it's not cheap, but the best things in life seldom are.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for your wonderful comments. We have a talented enthusiastic team that deliver wonderful creative food and the best service - I will make sure to pass all the compliments on to them. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Terre a Terre Team x

Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

The food here is great, it looks appetising and exciting and the flavours are lovely.
I would give the food 5 stars, if it weren't for the price. I don't think it's not worth it but I do believe they could make things a bit more affordable on occasions, for example lunch it mid-week dinners. But I understand if it's not their concept.
We spent about 70£ for a two course lunch with wine. The food was amazing, the staff is very attentive, friendly and helpful and the atmosphere great.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am so glad you enjoyed, thank you for the kind words about us and our food. We have a talented enthusiastic team that deliver wonderful creative food and the best service - I will make sure to pass all the compliments on to them. We offer promotional menus and really reasonable set menus as often as we can so please do ask next time you are in. We look forward to seeing you again very soon. Terre a Terre Team x