“Beautiful tasty vegan food”
Review of Terre a Terre

Terre a Terre
Ranked #27 of 1,154 Restaurants in Brighton
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Brighton's critically acclaimed Terre a Terre is a vegetarian restaurant that will have even the most ardent carnivore waxing lyrical. Situated close to the sea-front. The decor is chic and stylish, using wooden floors and furniture to contrast with vibrant colours. But here the food is the centrepiece: dhal basmati buns with coconut curry leaf chatni, better Batter and Lemony Yemeni Relish and Thai aubergine jungle curry are just a few of the exotic and imaginative dishes you can find here. To complement the food, a large selection of organic beers, ciders and wines are available. A three course meal here costs an average of £30 per person. A refreshing take on vegetarian cuisine.
Frome, United Kingdom
“Beautiful tasty vegan food”
Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

We went here for my dad's birthday and the atmosphere was warm, welcoming and friendly. All the staff were incredibly cheerful and made the evening special.

With two meat eaters and two vegans we all had different expectations, however after just the first bite of our starter we were all won over by the outstanding food.

We all had the tapas plate to start. It was beautifully presented and it was a sensation of flavours. From a deliciously dressed salad, a shot of earthy mushroom soup and gorgeously crispy tofu. Both huge plates were polished clean!

For mains two of us chose rostis and two chose ding dong (mulled mushroom ragout pie). I had rosti shroom thyme and it was one of the tastiest meals I've ever eaten. A crispy rosti toped with a selection of incredible mushrooms and salad with a delicious creamy mushroom sauce... heaven! The rest of our party all loved their mains too!

Three of us had desserts, two for the Churrosimo and one the truffle shuffle roulette. My dad had the truffles, at first they looked very small but he thoroughly enjoyed them and it finished his meal nicely. I had churrosimo with the salt caramel and chocolate dipping sauce. Absolutely delicious!!! As a vegan good desserts are few and far between but this ticked all my boxes. Crispy, sweet and gooey chocolate! Enough said!

Terre a terre banishes the myth that veggie food is just for rabbits and delivers so well in every aspect. We all went away very very satisfied, full to the brim and smiling. Will definitely be back!

TerreaTerre, Guest Relations Manager at Terre a Terre, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Its so rewarding to hear feedback like this. We at Terre a Terre try to offer as much choice within a vegetarian menu and cater for additional dietary requirements, customer satisfaction like yours is our aim. Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We have a talented enthusiastic team that deliver wonderful creative food and the best service - I will make sure to pass all the compliments on to them. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Terre a Terre Team x

Croxley Green, United Kingdom
“One of the very best vegetarian restaurants in the world”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I have dined here many times, and for taste combinations and presentation it is fantastic. Today's soup was beetroot and orange - delicate but tasty, and then Run Rarebit Run - just look at the ingredients: Toasty Sussex cheddar rarebit laced with Sheep’s Nose Cider and mustard grains crammed into hot pot spicedcornbread served with smoked yogurt and salt baked carrot, caraway pickled and puréed. Finished with tamari pumpkin seeds, cake crumbs and olive oil. Yum, yum, yum! There's also a fine wine list.The food always looks absolutely beautiful. Service was prompt and professional; I couldn't manage a dessert, but the puddings I've had before have been to die for. As you can tell, I simply LOVE this place and whether you are vegetarian or not, doubt very much if you could ever be disappointed. Yes, it's not cheap, but the best things in life seldom are.

• Visited February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for your wonderful comments. We have a talented enthusiastic team that deliver wonderful creative food and the best service - I will make sure to pass all the compliments on to them. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Terre a Terre Team x
Hove, United Kingdom
“Amazing food, wish I could afford it more often!”
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

The food here is great, it looks appetising and exciting and the flavours are lovely.
I would give the food 5 stars, if it weren't for the price. I don't think it's not worth it but I do believe they could make things a bit more affordable on occasions, for example lunch it mid-week dinners. But I understand if it's not their concept.
We spent about 70£ for a two course lunch with wine. The food was amazing, the staff is very attentive, friendly and helpful and the atmosphere great.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am so glad you enjoyed, thank you for the kind words about us and our food. We have a talented enthusiastic team that deliver wonderful creative food and the best service - I will make sure to pass all the compliments on to them. We offer promotional menus and really reasonable set menus as often as we can so please do ask next time you are in. We look forward to seeing you again very soon. Terre a Terre Team x
Brighton
“Incredible Experience for Coeliacs”
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

As a coeliac (strictly gluten-free) I've never felt as comfortable dining out as at Terre a Terre. All of the waiting staff were knowledgable about their dishes and my requirements, and went to the trouble to reassure me that their gluten-free food is prepared separately to the rest without me even having to ask.

We ate from the set menu, which had a limited choice of gluten-free desserts but, again without me even asking, the manager approached to let me know that he would be happy for me to pick any dessert from the full menu to swap in!

Delicious food and fantastic service.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank mtvpaul
So glad you enjoyed and thank you for taking the time to write your review. We try our best to offer dishes that don’t contain gluten but do stipulate that with an open kitchen traces of elements may be present we cannot absolutely guarantee in particular those suffering from Coeliac disease. We have a wonderful and enthusiastic team that deliver wonderful creative food and the best service - I will make sure to pass all the compliments on to them. I hope to see you again very soon. Terre a Terre Team x
London, United Kingdom
“Fabulous”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

First went here 19 years ago and can't understand why I have not been back. Food and service were both wonderful.

Visited February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am so glad you enjoyed. We have a wonderful and enthusiastic team that deliver wonderful creative food and the best service - I will make sure to pass all the compliments on to them. I hope to see you again very soon. Terre a Terre Team x