“Best meal of the year”
Review of Terre a Terre

Terre a Terre
Ranked #26 of 1,124 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Brighton's critically acclaimed Terre a Terre is a vegetarian restaurant that will have even the most ardent carnivore waxing lyrical. Situated close to the sea-front. The decor is chic and stylish, using wooden floors and furniture to contrast with vibrant colours. But here the food is the centrepiece: dhal basmati buns with coconut curry leaf chatni, better Batter and Lemony Yemeni Relish and Thai aubergine jungle curry are just a few of the exotic and imaginative dishes you can find here. To complement the food, a large selection of organic beers, ciders and wines are available. A three course meal here costs an average of £30 per person. A refreshing take on vegetarian cuisine.
Dawlish, United Kingdom
“Best meal of the year”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Absolutely amazing food. Great service and, at the risk of sounding like a groupie, the Terre a Terre strapline that their food is about 'indulgence, not abstinence' sums the place up perfectly.

The Aubergine Zhuganoush and flatbread was fantastic, the hot smoked tofu was delicate and delicious, while the main courses (the 'Better Batter and Lemony Yemeni Relish' and the 'Elvis Jaffle') were excellent. Given how filling those courses were, we shared a single desert, the 'Very British Berry', which was just about right.

Honestly, whether you are herbivore or carnivore, the quality here is so good that visiting Brighton and not going to Terre a Terre would be a crime.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We went to Terre a Terre for lunch. It was the second time I'd been here and the food was as good as I remember. My girlfriend is veggie but I'm not and we both really enjoyed our lunch.

Visited September 2013
Billericay, United Kingdom
“Excellent Vegetarian Food, friendly service but pricy”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We went here for lunch on Sunday on the basis of the review in the Good Food Guide, and its rating of the food. the frontage is not large, but this belies the size as it is a very deep building with a large capacity for diners.
Since it is a Vegetarian restaurant there's obviously no Sunday Roast here but the Menu is imaginative and inventive and the food is absolutely delicious. We're not vegetarians but still found the food exceedingly tasty. The portions are not over-large and the prices are quite high but the food quality merits it.
Service was friendly and helpful but it did seem to take a long time for the food to come out of the kitchen. Still, it was worth the wait.
We would definitely return.

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“A vegetarian restaurant with plenty of choice for carnivore”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

This was my second visit to Terre a Terre and it did not disappoint. I went with 2 vegetarian friends although I am not a vegetarian. I know how important (and rare) it is for them to be able to go to a restaurant and have so many appetising dishes to choose from and although I was apprehensive the first time as I wasn't sure if there would be something I'd like on the menu, I was very pleasantly surprised to see so many delicious options. This time we chose the Terre a Tapas Plate to start which was a selection of their popular starters and was plenty for 3 of us to share. For the main course we had Lemony Yemeni battered Halloumi with vodka infused tomatoes, pea mash and chubby chips which was very tasty (not to mention very filling). We finished this off with churros with vodka cherries & chocolate dipping sauce and salted caramel sauce. I would thoroughly recommend this restaurant and these dishes without hesitation and will be returning in the future. Service and ambience were very good.

Brighton, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unfriendly service, ok food.”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

My fiancé and I chose to dine here last night with his mother on her visit to Brighton. Until recently I have heard good things about the food here, though our friend told us the other week that she had been disappointed on her visit. We decided to try anyway and unfortunately none of us were impressed. Our waitress was rude and alienating, which really threw me off, and the food was nicely presented, but we all agreed that our mains weren't exciting. None of us finished them, though portions were small.

I won't be going again. Would recommend Food for Friends, which has excellent, friendly service and delicious vegetarian food :)