“Fabulous Italian food”
Review of Casalingo

Casalingo
Ranked #14 of 1,203 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Friendly & relaxed family run Italian Restaurant with authentic northern Italian cuisine
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Delicious Italian food at a very reasonable price.
We loved the antipasta, rigatoni and linguine. Would definitely return when back in Brighton.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,011)

Reviewed June 15, 2014

We visited here for the first time early one Thursday evening recently and found it to be one of the best restaurants we have been to anywhere. The staff were friendly and only too happy to accommodate our wishes, the atmosphere was very relaxing and most importantly all the food we had from the very varied menu was cooked to perfection and delicious. Sadly we don't come to Brighton often, but whenever we return we will make sure we pay Casalingo another visit and would strongly recommend others to give it a try - you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Could not fault the food or the service. Great sensibly priced wine list too. Pleasant and attentive staff, Highly recommend.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Called for dinner ,not to many people dining,starter figs with goats cheese,mains Dover Sole,puddings and coffee all well presented THANK YOU

Reviewed June 9, 2014

My husband and I ate at Casalingo on a Thursday evening. We turned up without a reservation at about 9pm and I would say the restaurant was about 1/2 full.

My husband had the Misto Mare (fried calamari, whitebait and prawns) to start, which was beautiful and almost tumpura style, it was so light. I had Prosciutto e Fichi, which was baked figs with goats cheese, wrapped in Parma ham with a balsamic dressing - amazing! I am definitely going to have to learn how to make that dish! For our mains, we had the Pollo Angelino (chicken marinated in wine with herbs, chilli and lime) and a classic Risotto Primavera, which were also delicious.

The prices are all on their website so you can judge for yourself, but I felt the dishes were very good value - especially when you consider that you can pay the same for very average food at certain well known chain restaurants. I did think it was a bit cheeky that they automatically included a 10% service charge on the bill, as I would have tipped that much anyway. Still, this seems to be the way places operate these days.

The only thing that might have improved the experience for me would have been slightly softer lighting. The restaurant was really very brightly lit and I just don't think that makes for a particularly relaxing atmosphere - particularly on a warm summer evening. However, the food was good enough that I would not be deterred from visiting Casalingo again.