“Excellent food and service”
Review of Casalingo

Casalingo
Ranked #16 of 1,168 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Friendly & relaxed family run Italian Restaurant with authentic northern Italian cuisine
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Had a fantastic meal here on Friday evening. Food was delicious, wine great and service brilliant. A real find thanks to reading other Trip advisor reviews. Thank you all

1  Thank Ardy2012
There are newer reviews for Casalingo

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We went along late one evening - and to be honest weren't sure if they would still be open. Luckily they were, although clearly were closing fairly soon. Even though we were the last couple left in the restaurant we were never rushed. The waiter was very friendly and helpful, the food and wine was good. No complaints at all. Spent half the evening reading what other customers had written all over the walls. Were given a marker pen once we had finished our meal so we could add to it! Would return if in the area.

1  Thank Fruity29
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

I have been here 3 times now. First visit both food and service were great, couldn't complain and we were offered free Limoncello at the end which was a lovely surprise.
Second time the service was pretty good but my meal of pasta ins tomato sauce from the specials was very bland.
I had steak in brandy sauce at my last visit and it was delicious. I asked for vegetables instead if potatoes however which if purchased as a side order are the same price. I was told I could do that but would have to pay for the vegetables on top if the meal, even though I wasn't getting any potatoes. At around £20 for the steak, I thought this was taking the mickey to be honest. The waiter was abrupt and we felt like we were being rushed out despite there being plenty of empty tables. Didn't feel like a values customer at all and this it is doubtful that I will go back again which is a shame

3  Thank Must_be_the_monkey
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Casallingo has to be far the best Italian I have ever experienced in this country. The food and wine was simply to die for absolutely deeeeelicious. I took my partner for a speial birthday meal and Mario the manager made our evening so intimate and perfect. Nothing was too much trouble although he was never intrusive just attentive in every way. We had the fig wrapped in Parma ham and although I had never had this before it was completely mouthwatering.....perfect for a starter as it just kept you wanting more! For main I had the chicken in Parma ham with a delicious delicate cheese sauce cooked to perfection, my partner ....a real foody had by his words the best steak he had ever eaten in a mushroom sauce. As it was his birthday he ordered a creme brûlée desert which the waiter and mario brought out with a single candle and sang in a very comical Italian twang happy birthday....awesome....as we where the last customers we sat the rest of the night chatting away over an outstanding couple of brandy and dissarano's not wanting to leave. This was such a fantastic way to end a perfect weekend in Brighton. Casallingo has been trading for over 30 years and this was so evedient in their approach to customer service, experience of menu and overwhelming ambience. Really cannot wait for a return visit in the very near future.

1  Thank Lisa E
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The decor looks like a 70's mish mash but is somehow charming nonetheless. I had a very good spaghetti alle vongole with a generous amount of fresh clams. My partner led her figs with goats cheese and prosciutto but I thought it lacked flavour. I ordered the calves liver which I specifically asked for underdone. It wasn't. However it was still tender and full of flavour. We had some deep fried zucchini on the side and they were far too greasy, it's not a difficult dish to get right.

3  Thank demanagain