“Our 6th wedding anniversary staying in a classy place!!”

One Broad Street Guesthouse
Ranked #10 of 95 Brighton B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 8, 2009

A Huge Thankyou to 'One Broad Street Guest House' for making our 6th wedding anniversary that extra special. What with having a blessed child free (we have 3 of the little darlings) weekend we luckily came across this gorgeous B&B on the internet knowing we wanted to stay in Brighton. We unfortunately missed out on booking 'The Studio' room that looked out to the stars but stayed in 'The Beachview' room that was just as amazing and gorgeous!! All you want for that extra touch of class- a gorgeous big bed, fresh and calming feeling in a minimalist but inviting room. Welcomed by Ramola as soon as we arrived and helped in everyway possible from providing a map of Brighton showing and recommending us places to eat and visit, to safely getting our car parked for the weekend, to asking if we needed anything ironed. Breakfast was as amazing as the room, pre ordered the night before, Mary welcomed us by offering us tea or coffee (even remembering my preference for earl grey tea), gorgeously cooking in a non-greasy fashion filling us prefectly for the day ahead! Then after a lovely day out in Brighton we returned to find Ramola and Mary had placed a card and bottle of wine wishing us Best of Wishes for our Wedding Anniversary! That truly topped our stay with that extra personnal touch of kindness!! One Broad Street is in the perfect location to reach everything we wanted & needed- romantic walks and brilliant eating places to great shops all very close! We will definately return and recommend to all our family and friends!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 3, 2009

We have just spent 2 nights at 1 Broad Street and I must say I was so impressed!!! We stayed at Room No.8, right at the top and it was the best room I've ever stayed in! It is spotlessly clean, airy and bright, just what I like for a bedroom to rest and relax. And the most important thing is, its so peaceful at the top, you won't be disturb by others walking to their bedrooms! Although it is on the 4th floor (with no lifts!) so I would recommend to people who wouldnt mind walking up and down.
Ramola was very nice and helpful, I esp enjoyed her home made granola! Breakfast was yummy, made to order and can order as much (or as little) you like! Perfect for people like us who hate to waste food.
All in all, we will definitely return to this guesthouse when we are next in the area and would recommend all my friends to go!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2009

I've been to Brighton a few times and have stayed in a number of guesthouses in the Kemptown area but from now on my number one choice will be One Broad Street. Mary and Ramola go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable and are great at sharing their knowledge of Brighton's best restaurants and bars.

Spotless rooms; great, central location; great breakfast (don't pass up on the cumberland sausage!); friendly owners; good price...

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 31, 2009

We have just returned this afternoon from a fantastic weekend in Brighton staying at 1 Broad Street. I have not even unpacked my case yet, as I wanted to write my review and say a big thankyou to Ramola & Mary for being such great hosts and for going that extra mile to make our stay in Brighton such a brilliant one. The whole place is spotless! The rooms are imaculate, with little touches like chocolates and bottled water when you first arrive. The breakfast's are terrific and Ramola's Granola is well worth trying. Ramola recomended some fantastic places to eat, and even booked the table for us on the second evening. (Try Bills produce store, I would recomend booking up as it got very busy).
We shall definatley be returning to 1 Broad Street and hope that you enjoy staying there as much as we did. Steve & Clare.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2009

My husband and I have just come back from a weekend break to Brighton with Friends and thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. The accomodation was one of the best I have stayed in. The rooms were clean and well equipped - with very comfy beds! The owners Mary and Ramola made us feel welcome and the breakfasts were lovely.
I would not hesitate in booking One Broad Street again if I visit Brighton again.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 3, 2009

When we arrived at One Broad Street there was a very friendly welcome. Ramola was great, she told us all the best places to go and even drove around with us helping to find a parking spot which at 8pm on a friday wasn't the easiest of jobs.
We stayed in the Studio room which is right at the top of the building but just amazing. The room was a great size, the bed was very comfortable and everything was spotless.
On top of the awsome room the breakfast was really really good.
The whole stay was just perfect and as the hotel is only a couple of minutes away from the pier it has a really great location. I very much hope that we will be able to stay there again at some point.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2009

We arrived late afternoon to a very friendly welcome, whilst Mary ensured we had a lovely cup of tea, Ramola was quick to advise on all the best places to visit marking up a tourist map (if you head out the top of Broad Street and turn right, there are some lovely cafes, restaurants and a few shops - we went to the Bistro and had a lovely 2 course meal with a drink for £9.99 each!). We stayed in the Pier Room which was very spacious and EXTREMELY clean and fresh! The sea view is a side view from the right of the bay window but it is perfect and you can see plenty. It also had the biggest comfiest bed with lovely crisp bedding! There is a little kitchenette area with a fridge and sink which is just the right size for chilling a bottle of wine and a few beers!! The breakfasts are fantastic and are requested by an order sheet which is great, letting you build your own breakfast.....mmmm check out the mushrooms!!! Thanks Ramola and Mary you really have got your place spot on, hope to see you again soon. S&S :-)

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple