“Quirky B&B in Brighton”
Review of Snooze

Snooze
Ranked #9 of 95 Brighton B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We always like to stay somewhere a bit different so we were chuffed when we found Snooze, after looking at many reviews and their own website we booked up at a great rate of £60 midweek B&B. The day before our arrival we received a courtesy call from Paul to ensure we had everything we needed. Upon arrival we were able to park right outside the B&B and received a permit at £8 for 24 hours, pretty standard for Brighton. As soon as you walk into Snooze it makes you smile, it's a very unique building with some fantastic features on the walls, ceilings, floors...we received a friendly welcome from Paul who handed us a map and showed us some of the best places to go such as The Lanes, North Laine and also advised us to read the guide in our room which suggested good restaurants and pubs. We stayed in room 6 and liked the pack of love hearts and stick of rock you get on your bed, our room was lovely with some interesting old photo's of nudes on the walls! The bed was incredibly comfy and the shower very powerful, if we were being very critical then I would say that the bathroom door didn't stay shut (slowly creaked open) and there was a couple of bulbs missing on the make-up desk. There are no restrictions on coming and going as you get a key to the front door. Breakfast was amazing, the room is fantastic and everytime you looked around or up you saw a different feature, we were spoilt for choice with cereals, toast, full english and fruit juices and tea, we were very stuffed by the time we had finished! Overall a great B&B within short walking distance of the main sights of Brighton. If you like quirky pubs too then try the local Hand in Hand pub.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We just got back from our second visit to Snooze and it was another lovely, relaxing weekend in a perfect guesthouse. I would thoroughly recommend this place. The staff are excellent and helpful and pretty much leave you to it once you check in. The rooms are large, airy and decorated individually. The location is perfect for the seaside, the lovely streets around Kemptown and for a short walk into Brighton centre. The breakfast here is also really good and they serve at sociable times during the weekend. The only fault I have with the place is that the heating was on really high the whole time we stayed there which was a little much for autumn so we had to keep our room ventilated and radiators off. But, nevertheless, we WILL be back next time we're in Brighton. Love it.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

The service was excellent from the point we booked till we checked out!

Tony who checked us in could not have been more helpful, sorted our parking and gave us pointers on where to go!

We stayed in the funky suite 72. It was spacious and comfortable.

The location in kemp town is amazing, just minutes walk from the seafront and just a little further for the lanes.
There are also some amazing pubs in the area.

Can't wait for our next trip to Brighton...

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tripper1032
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed in room 1 for the weekend with its eclectic mix of old enamel signs and I loved the opticians light and 'wardrobe'! The welcome was great with lots of advice for where to go in the area but also was not intrusive - just given a key and told to come and go as we pleased. Breakfast was very good, also surrounded by a mix of old and new from the paintings on the ceiling to the odd assortments of crockery - whoever put this together has a very good design eye! We spent the days doing the beach front and the lanes etc but spent both evenings locally in Kemptown which has a lovely atmosphere and great pubs and restaurants - try the Thomas Kemp and the Hand in Hand. Highly recommended!

Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I have stayed in Brighton numerous times but this tops all the swanky and pretentious places that Brighton has to offer.
A day before we left, we received a call from the B&B to let us know they were looking forward to seeing us, a great personal touch. On arrival, Paul talked us through the 'Brighton experience' but also told is about his Brighton and the places that were special to him. The suit (room 72) was absolutely mind blowing. Very comfortable bed and a shower for two. Would wholly recommend breakfast in bed of which was no trouble to them. The decor, wow, internet pictures do not do it justice.
Situated in Keptown was ideal as it was far enough away from the noise but very much within walking distance of the Lanes and the very best that Brighton has to offer. Will definitely be going back to Snooze as I feel this place just can not be beaten. Trust me, I'm a doctor.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank 999UK
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at Snooze for 1 night and we wished we could have stayed longer. We got a great deal for staying mid week (£85 for two of us including breakfast). We were greeted by one of the guy's who ran it and he was very friendly and willing to offer local info and tips on their favourite places in Brighton. The room was fab - old posters, beautiful red leather chairs and more than enough space for a 1 night stay. The breakfast was delicious, we both had the full English. There was lots of fresh fruit, yoghurt and cereals which we could help ourselves to as well. Overall a lovely little B & B, would stay there again but be wary of the location - it is right at the top/end of kemp town which was fine for us as we knew the area but we walked quite far to get to certain places in Brighton. Would recommend to anyone who likes somewhere a bit different, and likes vintage style.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank EmilyEllis
Reviewed September 14, 2013

On planning our first trip to Brighton I knew Snooze was the B&B I wanted to stay as I saw the episode of 3 In A Bed where it featured. Paul,Gary and their partners have created a B&B that stands head and shoulders above any other place I have ever stayed. We stayed in Suite 72. vibrant red with black shag pile, decked out with retro/vintage accessorising. Ample supply of tea,coffee, biscuits ,big bonus points for the tube of Lovehearts and stick of Snooze rock (of which nobody will be eating as it is going in my memory box, alongside my other bits from memorable times). Cleanliness of not just the room, but of the entire place was 10/10. Our breakfast was top notch, both hubby and I agreeing one of the best we have had. Although, I possibly took a longer time than normal eating it as I kept pausing to take in the superb decor in the dining room. Anything that features my favourite film, Quadrophenia, is going to get the thumbs up. As I also fell in love with Brighton, we will return, and without any shadow of a doubt it will be Snooze that we stay in. Thanks Paul & Gary, you did not disappoint

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple