“Not if you're on business!!”
Review of Snooze

Snooze
Ranked #11 of 93 Brighton B&B and Inns
Aylesbury
“Not if you're on business!!”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Very surprised by all the positive comments!
I was phoned up in the morning and asked to arrive before 5pm or after 7pm as it's closed between those times!!
On arrival, I learnt that breakfast starts at 8.15! Fine, maybe, if you're in Brighton just for relaxation but ridiculous if you're on business. So £85 for Bed and Breakfast or £85 for just Bed! No reduction offered when it was obvious that breakfast was far too late for me as I'd be working by 8am.
Room 6? Fine if you don't need to do any work at a desk. Fine if you like working on the bed!
I'll be back working in Brighton but I WON'T be staying at Snooze.
I was expecting something 'different' and it certainly was that!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Derek B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Middlesex, UK
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Located in Kemptown, on the outskirts of Brighton but is only about a 15 minute stroll to the pier and centre of town. Our room was very 70's (just like being a teenager again, living at my parents' house) although we knew what to expect, having checked out their website beforehand. It did not disappoint (he "mod toilet" was a nice touch)! Room was very clean and comfortable and bathroom freshly decorated with nice range of toiletries. Delicious biscuits with the hot drinks stuff. Breakfast was good (we opted for the full English but there were various other choices including crumpets - very tempting - and a BLT).

Loads of stuff to look at - by the time we left I was still seeing things that I had not noticed before - and which was a great talking point (reminiscing: "I remember those", "my mate had one of those" etc.).

Located in a nice area, with some good pubs and restaurants very close by. Not there long enough to sample them all but we'll be back...

Room Tip: Look at the website and you're bound to find one you like.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Home today from a one night stay at Snooze and will definitely be back. The decor is very retro without being dated. It has a fresh and interesting feel and the bed was very comfortable. The breakfasts are great and the room and breakfast rate is very good value for money. You can also pay an additional £6.00 for a 24 hour parking permit which is a real bonus as it allowed us time to park up even after we had checked out. This was very convenient as parking in Brighton is a bit of a challenge. Snooze is close to the sea front and only a ten minute walk from the famous Lanes, so great for shopping. Check out the Hand in Hand Pub nearby. Great beer and live music.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Josephine0114
Wirral, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Stayed here a few times know. Always a great welcome and a good stay. Very quirky and retro. All the rooms are themed and if you take alook on their website you can choose to suit your mood. Be warned it's popular so book early for the best choice. In truth all the rooms are great. I've stayed in three of them to date all a similar size all have an en- suite, small but functional, all vary different. I worried about staying in the "clock room" but no they don't tick! Breakfast is lovely plenty of choice and cooked freshly to order. It really does reflect Brightons quirky retro heart and doesn't take it's self to seriously. No staff at night but they are only a phone call away if you have any problems. I like this place enough to keep coming back.

Room Tip: Look on the website, pick a room to suit you!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
northampton
Reviewed April 7, 2012

We have recently returned from a one night stay at Snooze. The accommodation was really quirky and unusual, spotlessly clean and clearly lovingly thought out.

We had the sixties themed room, number 7 on the top floor. It was a great choice, brilliantly designed with a lovely en-suite and plenty of space. We also had two really relaxing chairs to lounge on. Faultless and good fun, we loved it.

Breakfast was brill, quality food, plenty of choice and fresh and hot.

Great location in Kemp town, 10 mins from the Lanes and central areas and 5 mins from the seafront.

Tony & Paul have clearly put lots of blood, sweat and tears into this place and it clearly shows, they were informative and helpful, nothing too much trouble. We felt we could truly relax here and would definitely stay again.

Thanks!

Room Tip: Choose a themed room, they are well worth the extra! These rooms also give you the added bonus of br...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 4, 2012

We will definitely be returning to Snooze! As somebody who tends not to stay in small B & B accommodation, I didn't know really what to expect. Having read the excellent reviews on Trip Advisor, my partner and I decided to book 'Snooze' for our 2 night stay in Brighton. We were not disappointed! We stayed in Room 5 (Retro 60s/70s) which managed to capture a spirit of the time without being tacky. I especially loved the paintings of 'Tina', taking me back to my childhood in the 1970s. Excellent atmosphere and Breakfast!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Warwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 22, 2012

We stayed at Snooze for a couple of days in March to visit Brighton.

It has great decor, it is clean, compfortable and is in a good position for walking to restaurants and bars. The owners were really friendly and breakfast was excellent.

I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple