“Fab and friendly!”

Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 28, 2014

It was our first tapas meal in ages. The service was friendly and efficient, food was delicious and there was plenty of it. We ordered about 3 dishes each and between the eight of us it worked out about the right amount. I especially enjoyed the baked egg dish, the patatas bravas, the whitebait...in fact there wasn't a bad dish there! This was the first time we had managed to get into eat here as it's so popular and I can see why! Thank you for a fab evening.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,322)

Reviewed February 23, 2014

A lovely selection of tapas at good value prices in this little family owned spanish restaurant in The Lanes

Reviewed February 21, 2014

I've been going here for years on and off, including having our post wedding meal here. The menu hasn't changed much but the quality is still great (if a little blander than in Spain) and the staff are very friendly and efficient. Best tapas in Brighton.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

22:45 on a Thursday night, we 2 walk in and ask if still serving '15 minutes' came the reply.

We sit down order drinks and some bread whilst we peruse the menu.

The place is packed and loud (table of 10 off to our right) the staff are attentive but not intrusive.

We order plenty of seafood and a few veg and meat dishes.

5 minutes later the first of our, I believe it was 8 dishes arrive, anchovies. Beautiful. Then the calamari arrives, too hot to start with but over a few sips of beer they cool down, the batter is crisp the squid is melt in your mouth tender.
And so the evening continued in this vein a dish being brought every 3-4 minutes or so, so we weren't rushed or spoilt for choice. This is how I like to eat, drink, conversation and brilliant, brilliant food. At the end of the meal deserts were offered, we declined and went for an aperitif, the choice of which we left to the waiter, who selected a fine finish to the meal.

To describe this place in 1 word would be 'amazing' to put it in more detail I would 100% visit again based on the evening I just had.

The negative reviews on here are from ignorant stuck up people who think they know best, let the professionals take care of you and you'll have an amazing experience.

Easily the best meal I've had in this country.

Muy bien.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Wow busy spanish restaurant in the heart of Brighton, must say both myself and my fiancé being Spanish food was a little disappointing in flavour, bit bland, but as they say nothing is "like mama used to make" but I seriously cannot fault the banofee pie for dessert round of applause for that! Have been back just for the dessert!!