“nice food...”

Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I went there with a friend of mine and we had starters following by mains and we both liked it and we would go back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,361)

Reviewed January 31, 2013

This is one of the best restaurants in Brighton. Food is excellent and the service is good. As a regular you are welcomed and suggestions are made based on your last visit. I’ve taken friends and clients there and always people are impressed. 2012 we had our company Christmas meal there and we stayed for hours, no pressure to leave, no pressure to order more. Overall as good as the places in Southern Spain and the Canaries. Ask your waiter to suggest wine and specials – often excellent.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Casa Don Carlos is now my favorite restaurant in Brighton! Excellent food, fantastic atmosphere, welcoming staff, quick service, reasonable prices! I went to this Tapas Bar for a work friends birthday on a Tuesday and for around £20 each myself and a party of 10 shared bread and olives, around 3/4 dishes each (although we all shared and tried a bit of everything as it was that amazing) and three or four glasses of sangria each! Every dish i tried was delicious and spot on, some tapas places i have visited have some good dishes and some naff dishes but that wasn't the case here- everything was beautiful! Before i knew it i was being told to turn around and watch a waiter set a tapas dish on fire which was great. i think i felt Spanish for the night! I am definitely returning with friends and family again. Book in advance though as it is a small place which gets busy (it was packed on a Tuesday night at 7 pm when i went!)- but this adds to its authentic and lively character/atmosphere!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Once inside this amazing tapas restaurant you are instantly transported to Spain.
The manager welcomes you with open arms, taking you to your table.

It's hard to decide on what to eat but the waiter is always open to suggestions.
We decided on, potatoes in mojo sauce, calamari, prawns cooked in garlic and oil and the lamb which was on the special board. Everything was cooked to perfection!
I cannot fault this restaurant, some people say that "your sitting on top of one another", but having eaten in tapas restaurants in Madrid and Barcelona, this is exactly whats it's like. Its a great place to be social.

So, grab a table, a jug of Sangria, order a selection of Tapas and transport yourself to Spain!

Reviewed January 12, 2013

I've been here several times now for family meals, the latest for my parents leaving do before they went off travelling. I cannot be complimentary enough about the whole experience, the food is excellent, well portioned and cooked to order and the specials board always adds something new and interesting to the extensive standard menu. The staff are remarkably friendly, greet you as old friends and were genuinely interested in my parents travel plans (which include South America, so lots of advice). The consistency of the food, atmosphere and service make this a firm favourite with the Jenkins family, will definitely return soon.