“Interesting restaurant”

Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: North Street
Description: Situated in the bustling lanes, snuggled between terre a terre and toni and guy. A beautiful victorian building with high ceilings and original features. Adorned with indian street images and candlelit walls, you are sure to enjoy your experience here
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Visiting Indian Summer for the first time in years, four of us went in for a 9PM sitting on Saturday.
It started well, with water being delivered to us immediately (and kept topped up all night as well, which is a pleasant surprise compared to some places), and we all took a look over the menus.
Indian Summer is not your normal curry house, you probably won't recognise anything from the menu as a standard English curry, but that's part of why you go there.
We were surprised to be delivered an amuse bouche, which was a deliciously spicy soup, and a palate cleanser between starters and mains!
We mostly had starters as well as mains, and tried three different mains between the four of us.
I had a marinated chicken portion, which was very moist and tasty, and the others had a pork belly vindaloo or a fiery lamb curry, all of which went down very well.
Service was excellent, with special mention to Pat and Tim, who looked after us very well and helped make the visit even nicer.
I'd forgotten how good this place was, we'll definitely be visiting again

1  Thank Stephen B

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We booked Indian Summer to eat at while visiting Brighton during the comedy festival. I am glad we booked as a number of people came in and were turned away for spot tables.

The menu is not like an ordinary Indian restaurant. It uses a set meal wityh a two or three course option, which makes budgeting a lot easier! There are many dishes to choose from, some of which are different to the run of the mill choices. The food is freshly prepared and wonderfully cooked. Also, unlike usual Asian restaurants, the desserts were gorgeous!!

The service was great from the moment we sat down, although no-one offered to take my coat which meant I was a little restricted with space at our table. This wasn't a problem for me. The manager and waiters were all polite and helpful. The portfolio of the restaurant staff also made for interesting reading while we waited for food.

I would definitely go back if I were in Brighton again.

1  Thank kelembee
Reviewed October 20, 2013

An amazing evening on Saturday 19th October for two friends birthdays. Fantastic service, especially Pat and Tim, thank you. Beautiful food and a great ambiance.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Loved the restaurant layout - quiet when we were in for lunch but I imagine it will be fun and buzzy in the evenings.
Great food but everything is hotter than you would have in an ordinary curry house. I will remember this when we go back!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Top service, very attentive.

I was surprised by the set menu only but rather enjoyed the whole experience.

The restaurant is stylishly decorated and had a great ambience, even on a quiet Monday evening.