“Enjoyed it”

Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: North Street
Description: Situated in the bustling lanes, snuggled between terre a terre and toni and guy. A beautiful victorian building with high ceilings and original features. Adorned with indian street images and candlelit walls, you are sure to enjoy your experience here
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We had good masala dosa's to start.
For mains I had the lamb and my partner had the chicken. Both were very good as were the roti and the sambals etc..
The side dish of dahl however was disappointing.
Modern decor and good service made for a pleasant dining experience.
The menu was a bit limited for meat eaters there being only one lamb and one chicken dish and no beef. Shame as this doesn't encourage return visits.
Would also benefit from a larger range of beers.
Will definitely return when there is a beef dish on the menu.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,242)

999 - 1,003 of 1,245 reviews

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I've been meaning to go here for a while as I'd heard good things about it, and it didn't disappoint. It was really busy and we hadn't booked but they managed to squeeze us in. There was the option of 2 courses for approximately £25 or 3 courses for approximately £27. We went for the two course option. The food was really good, well presented and full of flavour. We were given soup before our starters and a cranberry and vodka shot after our starter which I thought was a very nice touch and very unexpected. I had seabass for my main and it was perfectly cooked. The staff were all very nice and for the standard of the food the price was really reasonable. We had a very nice evening and would definitely go back.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I haven't been here for dinner - It looks a lot more expensive, but I did go for the £10 two course lunch menu which included a drink.

For starter I had a dosa with curry sauce which was really fresh and different, and for main I had their own recipe chicken curry with rice. Portions were a little small but it's still good value for £10 including a drink. I had the cheesecake for dessert too, and as they didn't have the flavour advertised - they gave it to me free which was really nice of them..

Highly recommended for lunch.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We were given the choice of where to eat for our Christmas meal 2012, and we took the decision to return to Indian Summer, and we are so pleased to say that it was better than before.
It seems hard to imagine that we can rate this higher than before, but we are.
The food, the service, basically the whole experience was excellent!
Thank you all so much!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Why is it the best? Well, after decades of 'traditional' UK curry houses serving exactly the same dishes which range from OK to inedible, Indian Summer at least uses decent ingredients and compiles curries so that you can taste the spices and flavours.

To be honest Indian Summer is the benchmark in Brighton and of the couple of times we have had a take away or indian meal out somewhere else it has been terrible in comparison. So, we cook curries at home or go to Indian Summer. Comfortable room, good staff, decent quality tableware and not afraid to serve dishes that are hot with fresh chilli rather than dried or powder nonsense.

They used to have a branch in Hove but it shut for some reason, probably because it was not in the right place. . . PLEASE open one in Hove again!

1  Thank Steve-n-Jen-UK