“Great modern Indian food!”
Review of Indian Summer

Indian Summer
Ranked #25 of 1,196 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: North Street
Description: Situated in the bustling lanes, snuggled between terre a terre and toni and guy. A beautiful victorian building with high ceilings and original features. Adorned with indian street images and candlelit walls, you are sure to enjoy your experience here
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Had a great experience at Indian summer, the food was amazing, the waiting staff were personable and helpful and the atmosphere was modern and impressive, we will definitely return next time we are in Brighton!

1  Thank SpookandtheBasset
Write a ReviewReviews (1,230)

Reviewed December 24, 2012

Not sure what the score is with these 'bland' or 'uninspiring' comments - I can only assume they went to a different restaurant!!

Not your bog standard Indian - there's so many of these places in Brighton! Superb food, cooked wonderfully well! Presentation is out of this world. Service is oerfect - you always feel really special when visiting Indian Summer. Can't wait to go back again...and again....and again!!

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I'd heard a lot about this restaurant and so was looking forward to an evening meal there with some friends. Without doubt the service was excellent and the atmosphere was warm and friendly. The menu, in a small leather wallet, was not user friendly and it was not easy to work out where the starters stopped and the mains began. The mains were a touch on the 'clever side' and I felt I was reading the menu in British Airways Business Class. My starter (a lamb chop from memory - it was one of those evenings) was fine but the chicken breast was really quite bland and was perched in a sea of sauce. Others in the party liked their food so I guess it was just me.

It certainly is not your average Indian but for me neither was it a special Indian. I was expecting a "wow" in terms of atmosphere and food and it didn't come. Rather like BA Business in fact! Overall if you want great service and an Indian restaurant that does not try to rush you out into the cold then I'm sure you'll be fine. But to me the food in particular was 3 rather than the 5 star I was expecting. However I think I'll give it another try in the near future.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Ok so as the title says , this is not your average Indian so don't go there expecting to find chicken tikka masala on the menu. The staff were welcoming and attentive without being intrusive , the food was well cooked and beautifully presented and the little between course touches enhanced the experience. So it was a little more expensive than your average indian , but well worth it in my opinion.

1  Thank captainqpr
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Very bland un-inspiring food.
Disappointing, starter tasted exactly the same as the main.....Pricey too, the bill came to over £100 for the 3 of us. To be honest an M&S bottle of wine and an oven ready curry would have been just as nice - if not better - and a lot cheaper.
Some nice touches such as the little amuse bouches between courses.
Cannot work out why this pace is so popular.
Would not go back.