“Fresh & Best”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 17, 2013

As a native of Birmingham and used to GOOD curry, I have tried many take-aways in Brighton & Hove, Ashoka are simply the best, not the pre-formed chicken which (I am ashamed to say) is served by many take-aways, but real chicken and fresh ingredients, you can always tell a good take-away by the vindaloo and from Ashoka it is spot on.

The nan bread is always perfect, and the veg is always crunchy and fresh.

These guys know what they are doing, and I have never had a bad meal.

I miss my Birmingham Balti houses but whilst I am away these guys are the best alternative!

There are newer reviews for Ashoka

Reviewed March 15, 2013

This Indian is consistant and excellent quality. Probably been going here and getting take aways for about 15 years. Never had a problem. Their dishes are all fresh and are presented beautifully in large good portions. Staff all friendly and restaurant is layed out so there are private areas so you can talk privately. If theres two of us we usually sit side by side....
Whenever I visit another Indian in London or whereever I realsie even more how great Ashoka is. I was also told by a waiter that they once won best Indian food (in UK I think he said)!
Parking nearby is also easy and free rather than the ones in town centre....
Def recommend.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Booked table for workmates , terrible service and really rude , the curry was worst we ever had so refused to pay bill, 4 off us ill next day badly , would not feed my dog the food they serve , they been reported to environment health

3  Thank Brightonhoveboy
Reviewed January 12, 2013

After visiting a couple of months ago and having an ok meal with poor service, we visited again. Food was average but the service this time was even worse. Rude waiters who were staring at us while we ate our meal. Obviously wasn't busy and you can understand why.

We will not be returning.

2  Thank Mike_987987
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Just got back from having one of the most underewhelming food experiences of my life. My partner and me are still searching for a good indian restaurant in brighton. Maybe we've been spoilt, where we used to live in north london had amazing indian restaurants and takeaways. Still the food at ashoka was really bland and the fish was horrible and obviously from the frozen section. Its Just really bad food with little to no spicing. Maybe the meat curies are better but I doubt it. Wont be returning there. the search continues...

oh and to top it all its waaay overpriced!

2  Thank tooceecee