“Yummy Vegetarian Restaurant in Brighton”
Review of Food for Friends

Food for Friends
Ranked #15 of 1,154 Restaurants in Brighton
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Voted 'Best Restaurant' in the Brighton Foodie Awards 2012Good food Guide 2013Food for Friends restaurant in Brighton has been in the vanguard of vegetarian cuisine for more than twenty five years. Set in The Lanes, Brighton’s most happening district, Food for Friends has slowly spread over three shop fronts, developing a labyrinth of brightly lit, modern dining rooms kitted out with stylish minimalism, some overlooking the bustling lanes outside. Cuisine from around the globe is created using predominantly local, organic ingredients, some delivered by bike. Vegans and those with food allergies and intolerances are well cared for here. Wines are organic and mainly vegan, coffee is fairtrade, and an irresistible afternoon tea is served.
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Yummy Vegetarian Restaurant in Brighton”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

A friend and I were in Brighton for the weekend for a concert and thought Food for Friends looked nice so decided to give it a try. Realised once we sat down that it was vegetarian, which we don't mind, and whilst waiting for our table sat near the kitchen and saw some of the meals on offer. Thought they all looked fantastic and realised we would have difficulty in choosing just one! Anyway we opted to share a light starter - crumbled feta, black and white quinoa and broad beans with peas - and then we both decided on the Haloumi burger and sweet potato chips - it was all really delicious and we both thought one of the best meals we had ever had in a restaurant! To top it all off I decided to try some sorbets - peach, kiwi and passion fruit - all flavours I have never had before and they were so fruity and yummy - thoroughly recommend this restaurant. Really nice helpful staff too which is always a bonus.

Hong Kong, China
“Delicious food, friendly service”
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

This place had been recommended by a friend and it didn't let me down. Many gluten-free options! Beautifully presented dishes, and most importantly great tasting food! The serving staff were warm and friendly. I had the veg curry with chickpea dumplings; I would order that again in an instant. My veggie, non-GF friend ate the haloumi burger, and the chocolate molton pudding for dessert. She enjoyed both.

Newport, KY
“yellow curry and gluten free bread, not much more I could ask for.”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Went with friends while visiting Brighton for the weekend. One of those friends had never tried a veg restaurant before and is mainly a meat eater. He was nice enough to give it a go for me. He came out amazed at the flavors and how full they felt. If I'm ever in Brighton again, this will be one of my first stops.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Up there with the nicest meals ever”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

The only bad thing I can say about this restaurant is that we didn't find it until our last night. We didn't realise it was a vegetarian until we were inside with the menu. not an extensive choice but both of our meals were fantastic. Service was great, and I loved the fact that water was offered not begrudged ( with cucumber in it) and then vegetable crisps brought as nibbles to the table

Our meals were gorgeous and not being a vegetarian was able with the help of the menu able to make a confident choice. It was a lovely meal in a lovely setting in a beautiful part of Brighton, all at a reasonable price

Visited June 2014
Brighton
“Excellent menu and great food”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

My husband and I aren't vegetarian; however, we absolutely love Food for Friends. We had to wait for a few minutes for a table as the restaurant was so busy, but we sat in the window seat and browsed through the menu. The menu choice is excellent and everything is beautifully presented. I had the risotto and my husband had the mushroom and halloumi burger. Both meals were beautifully presented and absolutely delicious. Unfortunately, we didn't have time to stay for dessert, but I definitely need to go back soon as there were several desserts that I really liked the look of! The food is well priced and offers excellent value for money.