“A vegetarian restaurant”

Food for Friends
Ranked #12 of 1,189 Restaurants in Brighton
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Voted 'Best Restaurant' in the Brighton Foodie Awards 2012Good food Guide 2013Food for Friends restaurant in Brighton has been in the vanguard of vegetarian cuisine for more than twenty five years. Set in The Lanes, Brighton’s most happening district, Food for Friends has slowly spread over three shop fronts, developing a labyrinth of brightly lit, modern dining rooms kitted out with stylish minimalism, some overlooking the bustling lanes outside. Cuisine from around the globe is created using predominantly local, organic ingredients, some delivered by bike. Vegans and those with food allergies and intolerances are well cared for here. Wines are organic and mainly vegan, coffee is fairtrade, and an irresistible afternoon tea is served.
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We were all meat eaters and did not know what to expect.. the Manager ( in striped red shirt) was not very friendly and we nearly left after being seated but the young waiter ( french and English as he said he was) saved the moment... his explanation of the dishes and recommendations made us stay and try the food.. we were not disappointed and enjoyed all the dishes that we shared together.. the meal was very tasty made of fresh ingredients but not filling enough for me ... Over priced i thought..

Write a ReviewReviews (3,151)

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I visited the restaurant yesterday during an impromptu trip to Brighton. We stumbled upon this wee gem of a place getting the last table as all were booked. We managed to get a table outside although the ambience (closed shop, litter and depressing looking shop fronts) was rather lacking. Despite this the food was absolutely 5/5, well presented and one of the most favourite places I have ever eaten. Great place to visit give it a go, my non-veggie friend really enjoyed it too! Price for a set meal £19.95 was excellent value and with great cocktails to help wash down the food. Thanks x

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Went to Brighton for the weekend, came across this fab restaurant, food was great along with the service, really think this was one of the best veggie restaurants I have been too, Pimms was a bonus,can not wait to return to have more. It is a must for all veggies and non veggies everywhere.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I ate here with a friend for lunch after walking around the Lanes wanting a really good lunch. We found Food for Friends and was seated immediately in a great window seat. The menu was good, with a diverse selection but nothing made me go wow that looks amazing. The service was good and attentive and the food was nice but like I said not wowing. After we ate there a few days later I mentioned to a few people I ate there and they all said how amazing Food for Friends is but I guess I missed the mark here. Don't get me wrong it was all a lovely experience but I just wasn't in love after the meal. Do try it if you find yourself walking by with a hungry tummy.

Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

My husband ( a meat eater) took me here for s birthday treat, service uninterested and forgetful, curry good but cheese soufflé swamped with vinegar. Hasn't won him over to becoming a vegetarian. In fact left needing a burger!