“Decent food / location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Havana - CLOSED

Havana
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
“Decent food / location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Great place for a spot of lunch, and really good of an evening.

It's a nice restaurant, with a good menu, in a really good spot for Brighton venturing.

Pricing wise it's not bad, and I've got no complaints with regards the service. Second visit in a few years, and recommend a visit.

1 Thank LivingTheDream2007

London, United Kingdom
“great breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

thank you guys amazing breakfast, perfect place for a early morning meeting and still one of brightons very best places to take a client to impress,

“Poor service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

I stopped by at the Havana at lunch time for a coffee with the intention of possibly having lunch. I ordered an Americano with a splash of cold milk. When the coffee came it was luke warm. I like my coffee hot. So I asked the waiter if he could put some steam through it to make it hotter. Instead of apologizing and saying 'Yes, of course' he started to argue with me! He reminded me I had ordered a coffee with cold milk, so why was I complaining the coffee was cold? And 'The coffee from the machine is hot'. I pointed out that I had only put a tiny amount of milk in. He treated my like I was some kind of half wit. I asked him again, could he put some steam through the coffee? He said 'Yes' and returned with a hotter coffee. Needless to say I didn't order any lunch or leave a tip. Such ignorance.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
horsham
“Lovely lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We wanted a light lunch in the sunshine and weren't disappointed. I had mixed grain salad and friend has salmon fish cake with holland aisle and soft poached egg. Both were delicious.

Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
“An ok place ruined by rubbish service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

I want to like Havana but they are just not meeting me halfway. The place itself is nice, the cocktails are great and the food can be (but not always) good. However the thing that grinds my gears is the appallingly aloof service.

Getting the attention of a waiter can be extremely difficult and certain members of their staff can barely hide their contempt for the clientele.

I've been there three or four times now and after our last experience I severely doubt I will return.

• 2 of 5 bubbles