“Nicely presented wholesome food” 3 of 5 bubbles

Pitcher & Piano - Brighton
Ranked #249 of 1,098 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: We pride ourselves on great drinks, great food and great service. Come visit us down on the seafront!
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Nicely presented wholesome food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

We both had burgers and they were really tasty. My only critic would be how few chips we got. They were chunky chips, but we only got about 6 of them each. We would have liked more. Other than that it was reasonably priced and tasty.

Visited September 2013
Callum W, Manager at Pitcher & Piano - Brighton, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Hello and thank you for your positive review. I'm glad you enjoyed your lunch with us! I'm sorry that you weren't impressed with the portion of chips you were given, I will pass this on to to our kitchen team.

Kind Regards,

Horsham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

I celebrated my 30th Birthday here with around 35 people to serve. Pre ordered a load of various cocktails which they handled perfectly even with all the changes. I had a brilliant time as did everyone. Fantastic service. Drinks were flowing! Thanks to Callum, Vicky (our fab waitress who took good care of us) and Danny for a great night!

Visited March 2014
Hello and thank you for your positive review. We aim to deliver friendly and efficent service and pride ourselves in our cocktail menu, offering a variety of classics, as well as our own house twists. I'm glad you and your friends had such a great night with us for your birthday! Be sure to visit us again soon!

London, United Kingdom
“Cocktail masterclass”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

From my very first email request the service was great, with a quick response and offering a masterclass for two people in Brighton (a rarity for two people), it was an offer I couldn't decline, for an amazing price. Upon arrival the staff were aware of our masterclass and directed us straight to our reserved area, where all items needed had been set up. After an introduction to the art and history of cocktails' we began, with a very tentative host. He adapted to accommodate our likes and dislikes and with a great personality made us feel welcome and relaxed. The service continued after our masterclass, when we asked about food ouir order was taken from where we were sitting and delivered without having to leave our seats along with our next cocktail on a 2-1 offer. Overall we were very impressed and I would recommend to others!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hello and thank you for your positive review. We have only recently started to offer our cocktail master class sessions and we've had a lot of really positive feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed the master class, I will pass your kind comments on to our bar team.

England
“Going again soon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

My companion and I went to P&P on a Sunday, for lunch. I knew the place as I have been in about once a month or so for some time, but only for a drink.
They were running a Sunday deal which gave a 2 for price of 1 offer on the main meal. We got a drink each (beer for me, cocktail for Kate; note-ace cocktail mixer, watch him juggle the glass) and then both chose the roast beef option, with sticky toffee pudding for afters.
When the roast arrived we were dumbstruck! You would never believe they could get so much food on one plate. I managed most of it, Kate got about 2/3 way through. There was beef (obviously), roast potatoes, yorkshire puddings,carrots, red cabbage, parsnips, brocoli,gravy, horseradish, you name it and it was on there. And although it was a struggle to get through that lot we both finished the sticky toffee (with ice cream) which was delicious.
During the meal the waitress twice came to check if everything was to our liking, and when one of the bar staff came on duty he recognised me and came across to say welcome and to just call if we wanted anything. When we finally got up to leave all the staff who had served us wished us good-day and please come again soon.
This entire meal with drinks came to about £30 for the two of us. I cannot think of anywhere that is better value, and even if it wasn't 2 for 1 it would still be not much over £40.
I suppose it can't be all perfect, but the only comment about the meal would be that the vegetables (especially the carrots) could gave been abit warmer. As for the facilities, the metal folding type chairs want going in the nearest skip and what are those'stools' made from metal drums?
Will certainly be back, and frequently.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hello and thank you for your positive review. I'm glad you enjoyed your afternoon with us! Our roasts are proving to be really popular on a Sunday, especially with our 2-4-1 offer. It's great to hear that our waitress was attentive to your table. We pride ourselves in offering great products and great service, so I will be sure to pass your positive feedback on to our kitchen, bar and floor teams.

We recently have been suffering from a bit of a shortage in terms of furniture. We normally use the metal chairs for our outside tables during the hot summer months. We have recently bought another 12 chairs to fill the gaps in our restuarant.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

London, UK
“Dancefloor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

Had a great time here. Great choice of drinks, I couldnt find the dancefloor so I made my own. Friendly staff and door security.

Visited January 2014
Hello and thank you for your positive review. We pride ourselves in offering a wide variety of products in our drinks menu and I'm glad to hear you agree. If you need a good excuse to check out our extensive range of cocktails, we offer 2-4-1 on all cocktails Sun-Thurs until 11pm! I will also pass your positive feedback on to both our bar and door team.