“This place is grim!”

Pitcher & Piano - Brighton
Ranked #270 of 1,124 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: We pride ourselves on great drinks, great food and great service. Come visit us down on the seafront!
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“This place is grim!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

I really can't find anything good to say about this place.
In July, I went for lunch with a friend, mid week and we were the only people there.
First impressions were not good starting with a surly, disinterested and unkempt waiter along with a sticky table but we perservered. The table got cleaned and we got some drinks. Trying to order food was interesting but we eventually got the same waiter back. It took ages to receive our food though and the best I can say about that is it was edible.
The restaurant itself is dark and gloomy unless you sit near a window and reminds me of a nightclub the morning after.
I really was disappointed with this place all round and will never go back. It has to be the worst restaurant that I have ever tried in Brighton and as a regular visitor I have eaten in many places.
What really galls me is we have a Pitcher and Piano in Nottingham and it is excellent. I often eat there and expected the Brighton equivalent to be of the same standard which unfortunately it isn't.

2 Thank Bev H

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great night out!”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Went here after dinner for a few drinks and ended up staying all night. Music and atmosphere was amazing with a large dance floor but also a quieter seating area to chill out. It did take a while to get served but it was really busy. Me and my friends had a great night and will definitely come back on our next visit to Brighton

• Visited August 2013
Coquitlam, Canada
“2 for one mojito”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

For my friend's birthday party, we went to the Pitcher & Piano. They offering 2 for 1 Mojitos, but I got a cup full of ice and there was nothing to drink! Then we had rose champagne, and it was certainly delicious.

1 Thank Elhaam B
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Can't get enough of the cocktails!”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My new fiancée took me for a day out to Brighton and treated me to dinner at the Pitcher & Piano. We sat outside which was lovely on such a glorious day. I tried almost every cocktail on the menu (2 for 1) and ordered three grazing platters. The food was delicious. The bar and waiter staff where very friendly and efficient. I would highly recommend the Pitcher & Piano to anyone visiting Brighton.

1 Thank Donna D
Brighton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“2-for-1 Cocktails Galore!”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I visited Pitcher & Piano Brighton for graduation drinks with my family and was delighted to find it was 2-for-1 cocktails until 11pm! Safe to say we tried every cocktail on that menu between us. Was a busy evening (guess everyone comes for the cocktails), pleasant atmosphere, friendly bar staff which were helpful, nicely decorated with a mix and match feel to it.

Me and my family will definitely be coming back!

1 Thank Gorgigeorgie