“Farewell lunch”
Review of Fat Leo - CLOSED

Fat Leo
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Serves Alcohol
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Farewell lunch”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Nice place in the Lanes in Brighton: visited for a farewell lunch on a Saturday - it was very busy and a little noisy but service was very good and food was ok

Visited January 2013
2 Thank jpc1517

• Polish first
Bracknell, United Kingdom
“Open on Christmas Day”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Staying in the Thistle Hotel we strayed away last year for something less stuffy, Fat Leo and did the same this year.
£10.50 + 10% for a three course meal, what value compared to the Thistles £75.
Disappointed that the booking for a table on the same level as we come in was missed. Care when booking as you go via one of three restaurants in the chain in Brighton. We were allocated a table on the level with one step, so not too bad. We have some people with disabilities which is why when booking the request was made. It was OK last year.
As we were not on the table originally set up, I did have to ask for our crackers to be brought over.
£10.50 for a three course on Christmas day was very good, and so was the food. I have Prawn cocktail, Salmon and Chocolate Cake.
The House Red was to be avoided, but the Chillean Merlot was better and I am sure that is what we had last year.
The Restaurant was full which made it noisy, but it was Christmas after all and it was not supposed to be an intermate meal for two with candles and soft lighting.
Finally, if 10% is to be added as per the small print, why is it not on the price to start with?

2 Thank Terry W
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Great value for money in an expensive city.”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Fat Leo can always be relied upon if you're a bit short of cash and fancy a pizza or some pasta.

OK, so the pizzas aren't artisan and the pasta is your run-of-the-mill usual Italian fare, but that doesn't mean it doesn't taste good. The flavours are brilliant and the food always filling. I recommend the pizza with ricotta and salami - delicious. My partner always goes for the moules - a HUGE bowl for the price you pay. I go for calamari, which is delicious and never rubbery.

For £6.50 for two courses, I definitely don't complain. Where else can you get 3 courses for a tenner on the weekend?!

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Rebbyface
brighton
“"family friendly,good food,great value"”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We always enjoy Fat Leos, good value and friendly happy staff.
Very good for families. Quick service always with a smile

3 Thank brightonbelle32
London, United Kingdom
“Lunch Time Snack”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We hadn't really planned on having something to eat on our visit to Brighton for some Xmas shopping, but the "moule and frites" offer on the sandwich board caught my eye. For for the price I was expecting a very small portion and was a bit apprehensive of the quality, but I shouldn't have worried. The portion was a good size and it was really tasty my wife had the abriata pasta which she really enjoyed. We had a half bottle of the house read, which was OK. Service was fast friendly and efficient which was all the more impressive considering how busy it was. My wife also had a coffee - and including service it was all around £20 which I thought was excellent value. I would definitely go back.

2 Thank Paul W