“Awful understaffed just awful”
Review of Coalition

Coalition
Ranked #945 of 1,233 Restaurants in Brighton
Reviewed April 2, 2016 via mobile

Visited yesterday staff didn't know what they were doing ordered drinks after waiting 20 mins by going up to a staff member drinks arrived after several reminders after another 30 mins . They then demand payment and asked again and again I replied ill pay when I'm ready after it took over 45 mins to get the drinks . Tried to order food but kitchen was overwhelmed so they tried to blame it on no kitchen printer which was rubbish write the orders down !! They were understaffed and caught in the headlights staff useless toilets dirty everything dirty there are better places around !

Reviewed July 20, 2015 via mobile

Lovely location. Expensive premix cocktails. Actually the worst mojito I have EVER had.

How hard is it to mix basic cocktails? The answer is in the question. It's basic. It's not hard. So charging nearly a tenner for a cocktail that comes from a packet is IMO disgusting and lazy. Brighton should be known for quality and good times not syrupy junk sold for expensive rates. You're not doing our town justice and selling tat like this ruins it in the long run for everyone.

Reviewed July 18, 2015 via mobile

Went there on the weekend, found a table on the beachfront. That's where it went crap. Took over 5 mins before we ordered our drinks. We waited 20mins still no drinks and then the waiter came back and asked us what we ordered. Not worth it, heaps of other places around, so not worth going to!!

1  Thank nztravell0r
Reviewed July 6, 2015 via mobile

All and all, it was very nice. Not too expensive, great atmosphere and the food was good. Beautiful views ;)

Reviewed July 5, 2015

On a sunny day it is a great place to spend a few hours. It's buzzing, they play nice music and it's such a freat location!
If you want drink it is a different story.
We managed to find a free table and the jug of Pimms arrived very quickly, however we had to go back to the bar as I wanted mint in my jug (we had a very waterd down version of Pimms and lemonade with a few querters of lime and orange in it).
After that everything went pear shape. Waitresses could not care less about us as a very noisy group had arrived and ordered a few bottles of vodka.
I had to wait about 20 minutes before someone took my order, they came back 15 minutes later telling me they didn't have any Zinfandel rosé left. Fine, give me Pinot Grigio....
I had to wait about 40 minutes to get my bottle which arrived without an ice bucket when I pointed this out to the waitress she told me they didn't have any ice left. Of course... since the she had given the rest of the ice to the higher spenders with the bottles of vodka.
I sent it back to the bar and left.

1  Thank Aud R