“Food was ok...”

Ranked #56 of 1,435 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Moshimo is one of Brighton's most popular restaurants, with a fiercely loyal customer base: 35% of its customers dine at the restaurant at least once a week. They visit regularly because they know the staff, and know how good the food is.The restaurant's 50% MOSHIMO MONDAYS & TUESDAYS, where members receive 50% off their food, is a sell-out. Check the restaurant out in the summer, when the entire front of the restaurant dramatically slides open like a shoji screen.Moshimo is behind FISHLOVE, the global photographic campaign to end over-fishing, has received a PETA award for its promotion of restorative eating, and its homemade teriyaki sauce is a sensation.......but don't it from us - go to our Facebook page to see what our regulars have to say.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went for lunch today. Staff friendly. Food was nice although food the chicken yakitori dish very sticky. I felt it was covered in too much honey. The tempura handroll was nice along with the pork ribs.

The vegetable tempura was tasty.

You don’t get the ginger anymore - they now charge for £1 which is disappointing especially if you are paying a minimum of £4 for a dish, hence the ‘average’ rating.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (506)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I used to go to Moshimo all the time when my kids were young and loved it. Went there today and the food wasn’t very tasty - and they even charge for ginger to go with the sushi. I won’t be back. Not a patch on other Brighton Japanese restaurants like the wonderful Murasaki at Seven Dials.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I'm a long time user of Moshimo and a member of their 50% off club. The food here is always excellent and great value on Mondays and Tuesdays with the membership. However, the service is always atrocious. I don't know what they do to their staff, but the staff turnover is really high, with different people working every time I visit. I feel they're really missing a trick here. Treat your staff well and get them properly trained and you'll have one of the best restaurants in Brighton. The food keeps me coming back, but go in with a low expectation of service and you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank P2567MWsamc
Reviewed September 10, 2019

Came in with a friend for lunch and as usual, the food was amazing and the service was equally so! Attentive, calming atmosphere, delicious healthy food and ofcourse the sake is always a good choice. Would recommend the boat/platter particularily - beautifully set out and served

Reviewed September 4, 2019 via mobile

Looking for a great Japanese restaurant look no further Moshimo was a spur of the moment idea & what an idea, from the second we walked in we were seen too we got to choose where to sit, asked about dietaries and a full description of the menu. There was a lot to choose from, we chose to have 3 small dishes each and eat tapas style but again so many choices includeing, main meals or even a sushi conveyor belt. We had a really awesome waitress that helped me pronounce my Japanese beer. I will definitely return for the fantastic staff, food and feel good atmosphere.