“One of the best dining experiences!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Gingerman

Gingerman
Ranked #8 of 1,113 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: In Norfolk Square, The Gingerman Restaurant has a small, intimate dining room and a superb menu of modern British cuisine made with fresh, local produce. Full of unique character, the stylish restaurant possesses a great reputation within the city. With intimate lighting and simple wooden furnishings, this Brighton eatery has a warm, cosy ambience. The delicious dishes from the seasonal gourmet menu include slow roasted pork belly with creamy mash, cumin spiced lamb rack with black cardamom puree and coconut chutney or pig cheek ravioli with saffron jus. A classy list of wines and premium champagnes will complement your meal. Gingerman restaurant offers smart, unpretentious dining in vibrant Brighton.
Brighton, United Kingdom
“One of the best dining experiences!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I went to this restaurant for my birthday. It was the first time and I always heard a lot of good things about it.... But oh my god I was not expecting it to be so amazing! Everything from the appetizer to the dessert was simply one of the best meals I have ever had! All the flavors of each dish were beautifully put together giving you an explosion of happiness and amazing sensations that blew you out of the water! Service was 5 stars and the atmosphere was so classy and magical! I highly recommend this restaurant!

• Visited August 2013

Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Great evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

The food was excellent, there's a good wine list ranging up to the pricey but with some great lower priced ones as well, the service was attentive and the restaurant whilst fairly small (so booking probably a must) had a great atmosphere.

Visited August 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Yummy food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

We have been to the restaurant on special occasion place quite small and cosy but the foods was very nice desert delicious want to go back there again.

• Visited September 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Go for the souffle!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

My boyfriend and I visited Gingerman on Friday evening to celebrate our anniversary. Overall I was pleased with the meal however I feel that some courses were more successful than others.

We both had the quail to start with which was served on the bone and involved a lot of manual work! I would have enjoyed it more if it had been taken off the bone and I could have just concentrated on eating the dish. My main was the sea bass which was unfortunately a little bland. The pancetta pieces added a bit of taste but I was definitely left lusting after my boyfriends piece of steak.

Thankfully the desert made up for all these issues and was truly wonderful. A huge raspberry souffle served with raspberry ripple ice-cream and vanilla custard was a fantastic was to finish the meal.

The restaurant is cosy with a nice atmosphere and the staff were friendly so I would definitely give it another go in the future.

• Visited August 2013
Croydon, United Kingdom
“Small but beautiful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

We hadn't booked and were a little concerned about the fixed price of £30. This is fine dining and the food is excellent as is the atmosphere though a little dark in places. We went for two courses and found that the service was really good but not oppressive and the pace of service was relaxed but not to the point of checking the watch.
Oh and they do take credit cards...

Visited August 2013