“I'll be back”

Gingerman
Ranked #8 of 1,113 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: In Norfolk Square, The Gingerman Restaurant has a small, intimate dining room and a superb menu of modern British cuisine made with fresh, local produce. Full of unique character, the stylish restaurant possesses a great reputation within the city. With intimate lighting and simple wooden furnishings, this Brighton eatery has a warm, cosy ambience. The delicious dishes from the seasonal gourmet menu include slow roasted pork belly with creamy mash, cumin spiced lamb rack with black cardamom puree and coconut chutney or pig cheek ravioli with saffron jus. A classy list of wines and premium champagnes will complement your meal. Gingerman restaurant offers smart, unpretentious dining in vibrant Brighton.
Southampton, United Kingdom
“I'll be back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

A small and cozy restaurant. The service was friendly. The food was FABULOUS and beautifully presented; the sea trout was to die for! Should be awarded a Michelin star! LOVED IT!

London, United Kingdom
“Dining room?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

Luckily went twice within a week with different people. Food fine but a la carte expensive if the very limited set lunch unacceptable. Service good but premises are small (like being in a dining room in a house) and tables quite close together.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Alan M
“Excellence in Brighton”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

People who knows me can witness how exigent I am with food.
That in mind, Gingerbread just became my favourite restaurant in Brighton.
We went there for a dinner and I had Gnocci, Veal and Praline as dessert.
I usually always have sthg to complain about, though this time I haven't been able to find anything else than the candles that were plastic ones...
Food was exceptional from start to finish and show passion involved in the cooking. Service was great too. Having done many restaurants in Brighton, I can easily say that Gingerbread stands above the crowd.
If your budget is not too restricted then definitely heads there, it's worth the extra pound.

• Visited May 2013
“Not to be beaten lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

Exquisite food and excellent service. I've been meaning to eat at the Gingerman for ages, especially having had several good meals at the Ginger Pig up the road. Unfortunately I've never been organised eough to get an evening booking for special occasions. We were fortunate enought to go for lunch and I could not recomment it enough (although perhaps I should be more muted in my praise in case it'll be too full next time..)
We had the set lunch menu with delicious french onion soup, lovely fresh, warm bread, pan fried beef, the lightest of cheese soufflés and, according to my husband, one of the best creme brulées (he is pretty fussy about them).
This is not a large noisy restaurant - there are lots of those in Brighton . This is a tucked away gem, cosy, friendly and intimate - and yummy.

Hitchin, United Kingdom
“One of my favourites”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

I havent been for a little while, but being in Brighton for teh weekend it reminded me how much I loved it. The Gingerman is a tiny restaurant so be prepared as it is intimate and not suitable for larger parties I would suggest. Its incredibly romantic and worth dressing up for. We had a table right in teh window and felt away from other people which was nice. The food and wine we had was really amazing and I chose things I wouldnt have normally had, razoe clamsd with choritzo and Rabbit fricase. It was devine. Quite pricey but I think worth it for a special romantic event.

• Visited May 2012