“Excellent as usual...”

Ranked #9 of 1,163 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: In Norfolk Square, The Gingerman Restaurant has a small, intimate dining room and a superb menu of modern British cuisine made with fresh, local produce. Full of unique character, the stylish restaurant possesses a great reputation within the city. With intimate lighting and simple wooden furnishings, this Brighton eatery has a warm, cosy ambience. The delicious dishes from the seasonal gourmet menu include slow roasted pork belly with creamy mash, cumin spiced lamb rack with black cardamom puree and coconut chutney or pig cheek ravioli with saffron jus. A classy list of wines and premium champagnes will complement your meal. Gingerman restaurant offers smart, unpretentious dining in vibrant Brighton.
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Ill keep this short as I've already written a review a while back.
9 of us came for my wife's birthday and had the most amazing food and experience .
The staff were super attentive and really made it a speciall night.
Food cooked to perfection and very well presented.

1  Thank Rudski
There are newer reviews for Gingerman

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I cannot speak highly enough of this restaurant. The whole experience was amazing. The service was excellent without being intrusive, the food was creative and delicious, an excellent choice of wines and good value for money. Small and intimate but not crowded. We would thoroughly recommend it. It is the best restaurant experience I have had in a long time!

1  Thank Gail M
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Sunday 28 October 2012

Decided to try this restaurant for Sunday lunch, and was very impressed overall. This small, quite intimate restaurant has a lovely atmosphere, the staff were welcoming and friendly, checking on our satisfaction throughout the meal. The food was generally excellent, and though I don't pretend to be a food critic we were well impressed with the great taste and presentation. I had rib of beef which was really good and the goats cheese starter was also good. My partner had duck breast starter which was rated highly...the only thing i wasn't crazy on was the apple and blackberry crumble flavour dessert which was more like a soup consistency and too sweet. My partner had a chocolate brulee type dessert which was excellent. The merlot wine was so smooth. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for its good value set sunday lunch menu.

1  Thank davidevans1954
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I have been going to the Gingerman since it opened and I can honestly say that whether it has been dinner for two or a group event, I have never been disappointed. The food is always creative and delicious and the staff are charming. We love it so much we had our wedding 'breakfast' at the Gingerman. Please don't change :-)

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Not sure if it was the proximity to the sea but I found all the savoury dishes extremely salty. I also heard the woman next to me (you can't help it really as you are at close quarters with the other diners) comment on the saltiness of the food, so at least I know it wasn't just my tastebuds having an off day. My companion who has a much more refined palate than me also commented that his monkfish was overcooked.
However on the plus side, the service was excellent, and the food generally tasty. However I didn't understand the abundance of sheep pictures on the wall - somewhat overpowering in such a small establishment I felt.
Overall happy but I'd been led to believe it was the best thing since sliced bread by friends so was a little bit disappointed if I am totally honest. Unfortunately the scoring system means I either have to give an average or very good but it actually came somewhere in-between.

1  Thank gabrielle s