“Open 24 Hours, simple food whenever you need it”

Buddies cafe / bar Brighton
Ranked #506 of 1,209 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Its simple fare but hits the spot and its open 24 hours a day all year round so you can be sure its open no matter what the time. great for breakfast when everywhere else is closed. Good portions and helpful staff too.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

We were looking for some place in Brighton to enjoy a late night snack after a night out and Buddies seem to tick all the boxes. I had passed this place on many occassions and had no reason to think other than 'nice place' - how wrong I was!

Having been directed to our seat and bveen given menus, nothing seemed amiss. However, once we'd placed our order things went downhill. Having taken our order to the kitchen, our waiter returned and insisted we pay fdor the meal there and then. This I found extremely upsetting as the intimation was that we were likely to 'do a runner' as the saying goes. Had I known what the meal was going to be like, I may have been tempted! Not to be put off, we duly paid for the meal and waited for our order to come.

The starters came out extremely fast. I had ordered ribs and to be totally honest, apart from them being quite fatty, they wre very tasty and I had no complaints. The main course, however, left a lot to be desired. My surf and turf consisted of steak that was so tough, I actually bent a steak knife trying to cut it. The scampi was so over cooked you could not break it with your teeth. I would like to say something nice at tis point, but really I couldn't.

Buddies may be a nice place to have a snack during the day, but after midnight, it leaves a lot to be desired.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

My daughter had the club sandwich which she couldnt get her mouth round it was so big!! Delicious. I had pizza which was also delicious. My daughter also had a smoothie which she said was lovely and i had a lovely glass of crisp white wine.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Draughty, grubby-feeling soul-less, modern seafront cafe with 80's pop playing to a mid-afternoon 'crowd' (place was 90% empty) . Chef and friends yakking at a table at the back. Brought me a main course size version of the whitebait starter I wanted, but I hadn't been specific, his English wasn't great and the net result was he was good enough/uninterested enough only to charge the starter price. In return, I didn't eat the chips provided. Tea hot and strong. Summary: food OK (though hard to get wrong); venue a bit drab and uninspiring. No reason to go here unless you want whitebait right now, as I did.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

The food is a mixed bag but there is a lot to choose from, some of which is very good, other items not so much, but if you have picky people in your group they are sure to find something their like on the menu. The prices are okay and its open all the time, the staff are also great.