“Friendly, clean hotel - good value for money”
Review of Jurys Inn Brighton

Jurys Inn Brighton
Ranked #8 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
GreenLeadersSilver level
London
“Friendly, clean hotel - good value for money”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights with my nieces aged 11 and 14. They shared a room which had a small double plus a single bed - mine had a double and a seating area with a small sofa. The rooms were spacious and clean and I was pleased to find that the windows opened in addition to the option of air conditioning (safety mechanism to prevent any danger to the children as we were on the 4th floor). The staff were young, friendly and helpful - breakfast was free for children under 12 and there was a large buffet to choose from.

The location was the only element that was mixed - right on top of the station so obviously useful if you're travelling by train and within walking distance of the sea front, but the hotel is basically situated between a car park and a building site which was a bit grim.
Overall, however. I would say it is excellent value for money and a great choice if you are bringing children for a trip to Brighton!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank TSIrving
DamienDoyle, General Manager at Jurys Inn Brighton, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear TSlrving

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I was happy to read that you enjoyed our facilities. The adjacent car park is in fact a great benefit – literally 1 minute walk from the front door of the Hotel to your car. The site next door is the last stage of development for the New England Quarter.

I hope you choose to visit us again soon with your family.

damien_doyle@jurysinns.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 11, 2014

we had a nice clean room with walk in shower as requested. water pressure in shower on low side. comfortable if rather small double bed. bar prices for spirits very expensive. good location 5 mins walk from Brighton rail station. friendly helpful staff on reception. Maid ignores Do Not Disturb sign on door and knocks and enters before 10 am on last day(checkout was 12 midday)
fair price for our room for 4 nights

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear David C

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologise if you were disturbed by the maid whilst having a DND on your door. I will of course address this with my Housekeeping Manager.

Yeovil, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Really nice hotel, rooms spacious and clean, great facilities, good breakfast. Buts surely you should be able to pay for your parking on your hotel bill instead of having too ring up and pay and then top up in the morning ! Having got there after 9.30pm, this was one thing I could really have done with out

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
DamienDoyle, General Manager at Jurys Inn Brighton, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear michelle b

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I was delighted to read that you clearly enjoyed your stay with us. Unfortunately there is no way to integrate the ANPR parking system to the Hotel’s billing system. I appreciate its not the most user friendly method however; it is one of the best value car parks in the city. I am sorry you felt to rate us due to parking arrangements which are, like a lot of Hotels and B&B’s in Brighton out of our control.

I do hope you choose to visit us again and now you are aware of the system, you should find using it without issue.

Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Booked this hotel as it was close to the station and only in Brighton for one night. No issues at all, rooms clean and comfortable, toiletries supplied in the bathroom and a full English breakfast the next morning. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank JuliaLeF
Dear JuliaLeF

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

You are correct in stating that we are one of the few Hotels in Brighton that will not always impose a 2 night minimum length of stay.

Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Had a great experience at this hotel. The staff were very welcoming on arrival and very friendly. Excellent service throughout the evening and the breakfast in the morning was great, although a bit pricey, there was a good variety of choice and it was delicious. Also appreciated the free wi-fi which I think all hotels should have! When we checked out we were able to leave our bags behind the counter in a secure location for a couple of hours before we took the train home. Had a fab time at the Jury's Inn and would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family in the future. Thank you.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear Amykali

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do appreciate your feedback and indeed your kind words about the Hotel and staff.

Cheshire
Reviewed August 5, 2014

For the price we paid which was very reasonable,we can't grumble. The staff are exceptionally friendly and attentive. The room is very basic but clean. Bathroom nice and modern with a good shower.the breakfast was slightly disappointing. The bacon flavour wasn't good,the yogurt and comport was rather bitter and the pancakes were very undercooked. The sausages were delicious as was the rest which was quite a good and large selection. I wouldn't hesitate to stay again mainly for value and location.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
DamienDoyle, General Manager at Jurys Inn Brighton, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear ajayCheshire

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I was surprised about your comments in regards to our breakfast offering as it usually receives great reviews. I will of course address this with our head chef.

Thank you for your feedback and I hope you choose to visit us again soon

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I also stayed over Pride weekend. It was pricey, but then so was the bog standard B and B down the road! I can't fault the cleanliness, and the food at dinner was wonderful. But above all, it was the friendly welcome from the staff that made me not resent what I had paid.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank dea49
Dear dea49

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I really do appreciate your nice words about the Hotel and staff. I hope you enjoyed the parade and the part at Preston Park.