“Nothing to get excited about!”
Review of Jurys Inn Brighton

Jurys Inn Brighton
Ranked #7 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 2, 2014

First off I must say I think all Brighton hotels are way over priced,and Jurys inn is no different! Don't expect to meet anything overly flash,I have paid less than half of what this hotel costs and stayed in much plusher hotels with more in the room in other cities around the world!This was a basic room beds(very hard),tv,kettle and bathroom. a mini fridge would be a big plus!
Whilst the room wasn't dirty for the price I would have expected better,lots of dust in corners,and back of bathroom door someone had cut there selfs and there was bloody finger marks,eeww! Now as I was opposite lifts I knew I would get noise,but thats the same in any hotel it cant be helped.But if you can get a room at back of hotel,as at front we had noise of drunks walking out of station,and there was buses replacing trains so lots of noise.
It was very easy to find driving just follow signs for station drop off and you will meet car park,and for Brighton is cheap all day Saturday & Sunday was only £12.80,if you pay at kiosk you can pay for as long as you need in advance.I also must add a very safe car park as by mistake I left sat nav on show in car and all was still there when I returned next day!
You may feel you are not very central but once you've walked through the station,its 5mins to lanes,town centre and little bit more to seafront.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
DamienDoyle, General Manager at Jurys Inn Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear smurfy3msl1
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
Hotel pricing is very similar to airline pricing. You can get a very cheap flight to a particular destination from a particular airport e.g Luton Airport to Paris. If you check the pricing from Heathrow to Paris – the cost will be very different. A Hotel in a non-destination city will be priced very different to one in Brighton which is the UK’s most popular weekend break destination. This is the Hotel/ Airline pricing policy in every country in the world as im sure you’re well aware of from the many destinations you have visited.
I was disappointed by your comments in regards to your room’s cleanliness. Our standards are very high as is evident from previous reviews. You will have noticed that there have been many rail replacement services in place hence the volumes of buses however; the majority of works are now complete.
damien_doyle@jurysinns.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,421)

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Location is perfect for the station if you are needing late night, or early morning train (I needed both). But...it's right next to a university college and so the room corridors can suffer from students doing what students do. It also seems to be used at the weekend by people as a base for 'doing Brighton' - so lots of door slamming at 4am.
The room was fine, basic, but fine. Shower pressure was non-existent which was a big disappointment. Would stay again for the location, but would bring ear-plugs.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear BrianMPowell
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I am sorry if your sleep was disturbed by inconsiderate guests returning late. Brighton is the UK’s number one destination for weekend breakers – every Hotel in Brighton will state the same and will have a similar mix of business. I will of course look into the shower pressure in the room as this should be very consistent and produce at least 8 litres of water per minute.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

This was nothing out of the ordinary, but for what you pay and location, it is just the job.
Check in was swift, the room was fine, bar area was also good and decently priced. Breakfast was not the best though , slow to re fill the empty containers, and food tasted like it had been hanging around for a while. I would not choose to stay here for pleasure, but for a work related stay that I wasn't paying for it was fine.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear NONE 1
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry you felt our breakfast offering was not to your liking. We have had numerous positive comments in the regards in previous reviews and our location away from the noisy seafront is in most cases, very beneficial. I do hope you choose to visit us again in the future.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

We had a great experience overall here! We walked to the hotel from the train station in a couple of minutes, its literally right beside the station! Check in was seamless, all staff that I encountered were very happy and pleased to assist me! (I ask a lot of questions!) Room was clean, warm and functional. There is a nice bar just off the lobby! The hotel in general is modern and clean.The town center was in walking distance. Breakfast was great!! Overall we couldn't fault it! Good value for money and we will definitely stay there on my next visit to Brighton!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
DamienDoyle, General Manager at Jurys Inn Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Dear Patrick N N
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I was delighted to read that you and you partner enjoyed your stay with us. We maintain the Hotel to the highest possible standards and we are very conveniently located to all the city amenities. I hope you choose to visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

I loved this hotel. Me and my partner travelled over from Northern Ireland to attend a music event with our friends. After a long day of travelling we were tired and not in the greatest of form..... Ok, I wasn't in the greatest of form! Anyway, the night manager was really friendly and I immediately felt better with such a nice warm reception. The room was lovely and clean, location is super handy for the train so not too far to trail luggage without grunting but by far the best bit of our stay here was the breakfast!

Its a shame we live in Northern Ireland otherwise I'd be round for breakfast every day! Heapings of scrambled eggs, hash browns and tomatoes for me the fussy vegetarian that I am and my partner had his full fry. Also would like to add that all staff have perfected the art of sounding genuinely caring! Which in today's world is a really hard thing to do, especially when dealing with the public all day! so 5 stars for this hotel! Hope we can afford another trip over some time!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
DamienDoyle, General Manager at Jurys Inn Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Dear MissFinaly
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your kind words about our offering and indeed the Hotel team. Drop me a line at my email address below when you next plan a visit. I’m sure I can help and make your next trip more affordable.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

A great location by the station if you are arriving by rail and a pleasant 10 minute walk to the sea front. Comfortable rooms and public areas, great staff. Would definitely return. The bar area is well laid out and welcoming, only used the restaurant for breakfast which was easy and hassle free.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Scott F
DamienDoyle, General Manager at Jurys Inn Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear ScottF
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your kind words. I hope you choose to visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Hotel was clean, comfortable and quiet (Thurs night). We had a family room and were given two individual beds for the children. There wasn't loads of room but enough for us to all be able to get dressed/packed etc at the same time.
The only downside is that the hotel and its carpark are nigh-on impossible to find (with sat nav). I spoke to three different people at the hotel until one (thanks Danny) was finally able to guide us through the maze that is the centre of Brighton.
Hotel is ideally situated at the back of the station (we didn't have any problems with noise from the trains) and with only a 10 minute walk to the sea front.
Breakfast was a buffet feast (£10 each for us and free for the children)
I would recommend this hotel to visitors to Brighton.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
DamienDoyle, General Manager at Jurys Inn Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Dear KentMJones
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and im sorry for the confusion in regards to finding us. I’m glad Danny could guide you in. I hope you choose to visit us again in the near future.