“An Excellent Business Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Jurys Inn Brighton

Jurys Inn Brighton
Ranked #8 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
GreenLeadersSilver level
Canberra, Australia
“An Excellent Business Hotel”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

The Jury’s Inn right next to Brighton railway station is perfect located to get off the train from a flight and crash without need for taxis or long walks. I was there for two nights and the hotel was clean and rooms very comfortable. The let down (but this is an English thing) was b’fast which while there was plenty of it (and at Pd10 was good value) was a bit stodgy and the coffee was awful. I had a dinner snack there which was fine but most pleasing was that they noticed they were late with the order (rather than I ) and gave me a beer on the house by way of an apology

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Greek first
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I had one night there as I was attending a course based there the next morning. It is extremely close to the station being visible as the train pulls in, and just a few minutes, sign posted walk to the side.
Check in was ok and I was soon my way to my room. It had a double and single bed set up, and because it was at the corner of the corridor an odd shape. It was only me and this was not an issue; with two people the little chairs and table by the window would have been a tight fit.
The bathroom was fine, with enough hot water, though the pressure was not great.
I had supper in the bar; here the staff were friendly and helpful. The beef lasagne had some meat like substance in it with a large volume of vegetables - left me wondering if I was given the vegetarian version. It was tasty and I was tired so a nice lemon cheesecake and a glass of wine later I was OK.
The bed was reasonable though not as comfy as a Premier Inn; my main concern was the glow of the clock from the TV screen which in the middle of the night suffused the room with a bright blue glow over which I had no control. The hot drink provision was OK though no hot chocolate option. The downside was that the bin was across the room; when dealing with tea bags etc why not have a bin close by?
Breakfast was busy though efficiently done; again helpful, cheerful staff lifted the experience. The downside of the dining room was the acoustics which seemed to amplify all the noises; it put me off going in there for dinner.
The check out was similarly efficient and as I was staying for the day a welcome opportunity to look after my travel bag was spontaneously made. The room for the course was comfortable and the staff kept the refreshments etc topped up. At the end of the day the proximity to the station was welcome; that said I wish I'd had an opportunity to see the sea - it's a walk to the seafront from this hotel.

Pech Luna
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights mid week on business. It is really convenient for the station, and about 15 minutes walk from the clock tower. Rooms were a good size, well maintained and very clean. Towels were on the thin side, and shower gel quite watery.
There was none of the noise from stag/hen parties that others have reported. However, we were awaked each morning by cars crossing a troublesome manhole cover in the road outside the hotel. Whilst not the hotel's fault they should lobby for it to be fixed.
Beds were firm, but pillows cheap foam. Note on the bed said softer ones were available in the wardrobe, but those were the same. My biggest gripe is the £10 per day for wifi access. Even the terminal in the lobby has a coin slot. As I was not in the hotel much it was not worth it, but was just annoying. These days one expects wifi to be free, and not to be a hidden charge. Otherwise would have given 4 stars.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the station
Lancashire
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We have just spent a weekend at this hotel taking in a football match. We came with a coach party and as didn't book this personally did not know what to expect.
Will definately stay at this hotel again - ideally situated next to the Rail Station and right in the town centre. Ideal for pubs, restaurants etc.
Reception staff were friendly and very helful. The hotel is modern, clean and quite large (five floors). The room was quite large, modern and clean and included everything needed. We had a room on the 4th floor overlooking the station - was a bit worried about noise but there wasn't any. Breakfast was included and was good with a varied selection, including fresh fruit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Stayed here for one night for a wedding, They gave put us in a room even though we were there early, about 12. The hotel is literally right next to train station. Surprisingly quiet though. I picked this part of town as we did not want to be kept up too late by clubs etc. We found the hotel quite quiet suprisingly, even though it was a Saturday. Slept very well here. Very standard room, nothing exciting, not lacking though either. But prices are high in Brighton, so it was much more than I normally would spend. I chose a hotel as all the B&B's were asking for a 2 night stays. It is off the beaten path, in a new residential area built up around the station. Parking was easy, but again, expensive. Parking lot for the station is literally 4 feet from the front entrance of the hotel. it's £14 or so for the day, ( ending at 4 am) and Sunday is £5. You pay within the hour for the first day, and then when you are leaving you pay for any additional hours. Breakfast does not come with the room, so you have to pay £10 for the buffet. I am sure it would have been an acceptable breakfast, but we were keen to explore a little, so we looked on trip advisor ( as usual) and found a little cafe 5 minutes walk away, Mounge Tout, that had a good review. So for something different we headed there. It was a Delicious breakfast!!! (Check out my review) took only 5 minutes, and it was just on the edge of the fun market streets. I would say it took 20 minutes to walk to the pier from the hotel, maybe 25. We walked into the centre as we did not dare to move the car for fear of never finding a space again. Staff were helpful with our inquiries, and booked us a taxi at one point. Overall we were content with this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Comfy beds. Reasonable prices for location and times that I've stayed. Not too loud from other rooms and friendly staff. Only complaint is there's no parking, and the car park outside run by the train company is a total rip off!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
DamienDoyle, General Manager at Jurys Inn Brighton, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear AnarchicCaramelPie
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. The car park adjacent to the Hotel will seem comparatively expensive to other car park in other cities but it is in fact one of the cheapest car parks in Brighton. Unfortunately Brighton is notorious for very high car parking charges in general. I hope this does not dissuade you for visiting one of the UK’s most popular destinations in the future.
Kind regards
Damien Doyle
Sydney
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Stayed 3 nights in Jurys Inn Brighton. Nice priced hotel away from the noise of the sea front. A good sized room and bathroom. Lovely staff.
Only complaint is no free Wifi - just about every other place I have stayed at in UK and Europe provide it but at Jurys you have to pay for it (and it is not cheap). Go down to Caffe Nero, have a coffee and use their free wifi!

Room Tip: We stayed on 4th floor - nice an quiet
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends