“No complaints.”

Jurys Inn Brighton
Ranked #7 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We arrived before check in time but they allowed us to check in early which was great as we had just come from Gatwick after a long flight.The location was perfect just near the train station. The room was standard but clean and comfortable,my only gripe is that it was a little small.They provided tea and coffee which was nice.The buffet breakfast included was good. We had a meal in the restaurant,the food was fine for the price if not outstanding. All the staff were very polite and helpful. The Spanish girl working in the bar/restaurant was lovely,very friendly.I did think it was a little pricey at just under £100 per night (and that was a special offer from a website) but Brighton is not a cheap place so its to be expected.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FelixNottinghamUK

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Stayed one night mid week and had a good experience. Staff at reception were very helpful allowing us to check in early. The room was plain yes. I knew I was not going to get the same experience as staying at one of the individual B&B's but this was less than half the price with a good breakfast too! At the end of the day if you want a place for sleeping, as you want to be out exploring Brighton more and then have more money to spend on eating out then choose here! My only gripe is no wifi in rooms. But this is my gripe with lots of hotel chains. It seems hotels gain more from charging for the service than giving us a more modern infrastructure.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ribby34
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights with my partner who was attending a conference.

Check in was smooth and staff were polite.

Our room was comfortable, but did get rather warm and stuffy overnight, despite 'air conditioning' - the window didn't open which was unfortunate.

There were only 2 plug sockets, at the opposite side of the room to the bed, which also meant unplugging a lamp to plug in phone/laptop chargers, only being able to plug in 2 things at a time. Quite odd.

The bed was very comfortable, although when sitting on the end, it did make a rather horrendous 'bang' noise, like something had broken.

I was awoken on each of our 3 nights by doors along the hallway slamming shut - something I notice that has been mentioned before - and definitely not rectified. To expect every guest to close the door quietly is a little naive, in an idea world, maybe, but unlikely to happen. For the price we paid, I don't expect silly things like this to be an issue, particularly as it has been flagged before.

The bathroom mirrors hadn't been cleaned properly as a guest staying prior to us had left a message which became clear after the shower had been on!

Wi-fi costs an extra £5 for 1 hour or £10 for 24, which I think ridiculous considering most places offer it for free these days.

Staff on reception, whilst very polite, had no sense of people queuing, as when a 'gentleman' jumped in front of me, no one bothered to tell him or apologise to me - I only wanted tea bags.

The bar and restaurant were lovely. We had a delicious meal on one of the evenings, which was reasonably priced at around £17 per head for 2 courses. Staff were again very polite and friendly.

Overall, anice stay, but could do with some little problems ironing out.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This hotel is in an excellent location as literally minutes from the train station. We arrived around 11.30am and were pleasantly surprised that we could have our room straight away allowing us to unpack being exploring. this may have just been as we stayed midweek but worth asking when booking in.
It's about a 15 minute walk to the 'Lanes' and the seafront too so everything is in easy walking distance. Even though alongside the train station there was no noise heard from here.
Breakfast in the morning was a cooked buffet style and despite the eggs being somewhat hard from being kept hot was very good.
One word of warning- the shower goes from a lovely usable temperature to scalding hot!
Overall a great location and real value for money.

• Stayed: April 2013
DamienDoyle, General Manager at Jurys Inn Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear HowardSouthampton
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I was happy read you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comment in regards to the shower temperature is the first iv had. Would you mind emailing me directly at the address below and advise me which room you stayed in? There may be a slight issue with the regulator which is easily adjusted.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Kind Regards
damien_doyle@jurysinns.com

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Paid a fair price for the room (£120) when everyone else was charging about double that last weekend. I had reservations being so far away from the seafront but it was a nice stroll and glad I booked it. The hotel is modern and the rooms are clean. We had a triple room for my friends 30th birthday celebration and the hotel staff were helpful. I particularly like the car park being right outside the front door as car parks elsewhere in brighton can be a problem. Would definately stay there again if I am back in brighton.

Taxi's to seafront were about £7 each way which I thought was excessive but maybe we were "taken for a ride"

Room Tip: Get a room as far away from the lift as possible. It was quiet and private
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
DamienDoyle, General Manager at Jurys Inn Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Dear BalUK
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We focus on delivering exceptional value to all our guests. The taxi price you paid is about correct. If you consider there is a standing charge of £2.40 on entry, the £4.60 balance is good value when you consider the alternative of paying double the room rate for a 5 minute taxi journey. The city centre is less than 10 minutes walk and a further 4 minutes to the seafront. Weather permitting; it’s quite a nice stole.
I look forward to welcoming back soon
Regards

Reviewed April 8, 2013

the jurys inn is very good clean hotel. the meals there are also of very good quality.Parking is not the greatest,but if you travel by train this hotel would be very handy as it is close to the train station.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Right next to the train station without any of the noise, this is a clean and comfortable hotel. They didn't see to have a note of our booking on arrival but I had printed confirmation and there was no dispute over anything. Room was made up with the 2 additional beds within 15 mins of us arriving - very impressive service. Parking is on the doorstep but isn't cheap (nowhere in Brighton is). Quite a walk into town so would recommend taxi or driving but that's more expense again. Breakfast was fine but staff are helpful and the surroundings pleasant.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank GloucesterWiz

Dear GloucesterWiz
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your booking may not have been delivered to our reservations system on this occasion but we did our utmost to resolve the situation as quickly as we could. You are indeed correct in stating that Brighton parking in general is not cheap but please be advised that the car park adjacent to the Hotel is in fact one of the best value car parks in the city.
I look forward to welcoming back soon